HJ Oberkameradschaftsführer NPEA shoulder strap

ONCE again I have a problem with content of the book as in this case the strap already carries the rank of HJ STREIFENDIENST so am thinking the cord has a different meaning in this case Darin

PAUL

Not sure what you mean by the rank of Striefendienst Paul, are you refering to the color of the lettering and piping?

Edit, you should as Ron Wienand about the cording on the strap, he's very good with NPEA items.

The cord reflects an assignment rather than a rank I think is where the confusion is. I would still ask Ron Wieand what he thinks of this one. He has studied the NPEA in great detail.

Darrin the vendor has attributed this strap to NPEA school Roufach / Elsass, I assume it has something to do with the twisted cord. Can you confim

PAUL

Hi Paul,
I congratulate you on this purchase.
Sorry but it is not necessarily the school of Rufach !. There were three schools in the same region Baden.They belonged all three to the same district.
- Rufach ( France - Alsace) 1940
- Reichenau ( southwest Germany) 1941
- Achern (southwest Germany) 1943.
Rufach and Achern were conceived to germanize the " Volksdeutscher"
On the other hand, I confirm you that the red and yellow are from the district Baden.

Best regards

Widukind, can you confirm that Jungmann-Grupenfuhrer is a position and not an NPEA rank?

Hi Gefolgschaft,
I confirm you that Jungmann- Gruppenführer is an NPEA rank and not a position.....!
I had this information in the book of Hans-Günther Zempelin "Des Teufels Kadett , Napola - Schüler von 1936 bis 1943" and I recommend it to you........
Please, see the page 72.
Best regards

On the other hand, I confirm you that the red and yellow are from the district Baden.

very interesting makes more sense as this strap comes with a Baden triangle and must have been purchased as a lot

Last edited:
One thing that does not make sense to me, I've not seen the Landesfarben on any other HJ strap post 1934, and the triangle should be an NPEA triangle that was worn with the strap, not a regular district triangle. Still would like to see Ron's take on this.

have we not seen pics of the district triangles associated with schools early on. I think the NPEA triangles are a later thing maybe post 36 ?

Weinand does not seem to appear here anymore

The Verordnungsblatt of April 30th 1937 states that the NPEA triangle was ordered to be worn by all students, teachers, and instructors. The straps were changed to black in September 1938. Being an elite HJ organisation I would think the NPEA would fall in line rather quickly with regulations, faster than a smaller Banns without so much notoriety. Saris cites the "Uniformen-Markt., Number 5, from March 1st 1940 as the source of the information on this cord that the book contains. A fascinating and at the same time confusing strap to me for sure Paul. Hopefully more research will nail this down solid as to what it is.

okay so 1937 as a date of implantation sounds good and I agree the schools would quickly fall in line, but this shoulder is black so conforms to the later period and out the door with my theory. Anyhow sent a note to Weinand see if he shows up.

great thread

THIS IS WHAT THE VENDOR says he is French from the area and seems knowledgeable

Hy Paul, Thank you for your comprehension.

Yes the colors of the Gau Baden are red and yellow,
even today, this is its blazon.

The only NPEA of this Gau was in Rouffach, now located in Alsace/France

THIS IS WHAT THE VENDOR says he is French from the area and seems knowledgeable

Hy Paul, Thank you for your comprehension.

Yes the colors of the Gau Baden are red and yellow,
even today, this is its blazon.

The only NPEA of this Gau was in Rouffach, now located in Alsace/France

Hi Paul,
there was a confusion with my explanation of yesterday evening.
The regional colors ( Landesfarben ) of the district Baden are well red and yellow but they have nothing to do with the twisted cord concerning NPEA shoulder straps.
It is the rank of Gruppenführer and not the location.......!.It is for that reason that W.Saris is completely right.
The triangle which must be worn with your strap is the one of the NPEA Rufach or another school !.
I am very amazed that a french vendor was able to say such a stupidity .( I know him because it was in his collection in Strasbourg..... )
Nothing more surprise me now.
Best regards

Last edited:
OKAY the mud is starting to get clearer:h thanks for the reply

still can not figure out the need for the two rank structures then shown on the strap

Last edited:
As regards both structures, there are no things to be understood because it is an NPEA specificity.......

Back