Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    have we not seen pics of the district triangles associated with schools early on. I think the NPEA triangles are a later thing maybe post 36 ?

Weinand does not seem to appear here anymore

The Verordnungsblatt of April 30th 1937 states that the NPEA triangle was ordered to be worn by all students, teachers, and instructors. The straps were changed to black in September 1938. Being an elite HJ organisation I would think the NPEA would fall in line rather quickly with regulations, faster than a smaller Banns without so much notoriety. Saris cites the "Uniformen-Markt., Number 5, from March 1st 1940 as the source of the information on this cord that the book contains. A fascinating and at the same time confusing strap to me for sure Paul. Hopefully more research will nail this down solid as to what it is.

okay so 1937 as a date of implantation sounds good and I agree the schools would quickly fall in line, but this shoulder is black so conforms to the later period and out the door with my theory. Anyhow sent a note to Weinand see if he shows up.

great thread

Well, whatever it turns out to be I love this strap. Great pick up Paul, you scored well.

WILL GET SOME BETTER PICS FOR THE ARTICLE WHEN THE STUFF ARRIVES

Paul

THIS IS WHAT THE VENDOR says he is French from the area and seems knowledgeable

Hy Paul, Thank you for your comprehension.

Yes the colors of the Gau Baden are red and yellow,
    even today, this is its blazon.

The only NPEA of this Gau was in Rouffach, now located in Alsace/France

Please login to view user info
    Quote Originally Posted by PAUL AYERST View Post
    THIS IS WHAT THE VENDOR says he is French from the area and seems knowledgeable

Hy Paul, Thank you for your comprehension.

Yes the colors of the Gau Baden are red and yellow,
    even today, this is its blazon.

The only NPEA of this Gau was in Rouffach, now located in Alsace/France
    Hi Paul,
    there was a confusion with my explanation of yesterday evening.
    The regional colors ( Landesfarben ) of the district Baden are well red and yellow but they have nothing to do with the twisted cord concerning NPEA shoulder straps.
    It is the rank of Gruppenführer and not the location.......!.It is for that reason that W.Saris is completely right.
    The triangle which must be worn with your strap is the one of the NPEA Rufach or another school !.
    I am very amazed that a french vendor was able to say such a stupidity .( I know him because it was in his collection in Strasbourg..... )
    Nothing more surprise me now.
    Best regards
    Last edited by WIDUKIND; 25th January 2010 at 08:17 PM.

OKAY the mud is starting to get clearer thanks for the reply

still can not figure out the need for the two rank structures then shown on the strap
    Last edited by Paul Ayerst; 25th January 2010 at 09:46 PM.

Please login to view user info
    As regards both structures, there are no things to be understood because it is an NPEA specificity.......

BUT BUT BUT , i MUST UNDERSTAND

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast