HJ shoulder straps Bann 161 Düren

Thanks Received
A COMMON SET WITH A GREAT BACKGROUND BANN 161 DÜREN WAS PERSONALLY GIVEN THE HONOUR TITLE PAUL THEWELLIS by HITLER and this bann was dissolved 1937

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Hi Paul,

Interesting info on the fact that it was Hitler who granted the honour name. Wasn't aware of that. Just a quick one: it was one of the DJ Jungbann which was dissolved in 1937 rather than the HJ Bann. Just checked the HJ version of the OB for 1937 and there is only one Jungbann listed for 1st of August 1937 so the Jungbann which was dissolved must have been Jungbann 2/161 Schleiden-Monschau.

i got a pair of these as like garry i did not know hitler ordered it must read the book better nice pair

yes good info as the straps are obvious period made so for sure it was the DJ bann dissolved. Wonder if they wore any insignia such as the norkus badge you have

:canada1

It's possible. I've seen photos of some similar handmade DJ insignia from Clyde Davis's collection. From his photos and description it definetly looked period made. Sort of a DJ rune with clouds and lightning bolts. Very cool insignia.

Back