HJ shoulderboards ???

mkholst

Thanks Received
Hi guys

One of my friends visited me the other day, and he brought a set of shoulderboards. We are not quite sure of the origin of them. At first sight the colors an shape reminds of HJ Flakhelfer boards, but the materiel an stitching do not look quite right.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

I am not sure if they are HJ related, or if they are military or civil related.

DO ANY OF YOU KNOW WHAT THEY MIGHT BE ???

Michael :denmark

Attachments

Hi Michael,

sorry but I don't like them. The cloth used is not of time TR.
Best Regards
Eric

The piping is made of a materiel I don't like, and the background appears to be like a canvas? Not something I would recognize as H.J. personally.

Hi Eric and Darin

I am not surprised over you judge, but i thought that they should have a chance.

Even though I have collected many years. I have not seen it all, f. ex. these NPEA shoulderstraps

attachment.php

have I never seen before this picture.

But anyway thanks for your time.

Best

Hi Eric and Darin

I am not surprised over you judge, but i thought that they should have a chance.

Even though I have collected many years. I have not seen it all, f. ex. these NPEA shoulderstraps

attachment.php

have I never seen before this picture.

But anyway thanks for your time.

Best

This forum was specially designed for the historic researches and to help the collectors.
We all have a preference in our respective areas.
In my case, I am specialized in cloth items.
We do not claim to know everything but to inform us regularly to avoid fakes.

Hello,

Your shoulderstraps have nothing to do with the HJ. This kind of straps was worn in the seventies within the "Wiking Jugend".

Wikipedia said :

The "Wiking-Jugend" (WJ, "Viking youth") was a German Neo-Nazi organization modelled after the Hitlerjugend.

The Sozialistische Reichspartei (SRP) was outlawed in 1952, together with its youth organization "Reichsjugend". The Neo-Nazis went underground in numerous fragmented follow-up organizations, and the former Reichsjugend, the Vaterländischer Jungenbund and the Deutsche Unitarier-Jugend eventually coalesced again in the form of the "Wiking-Jugend". The group was active in the pan-European nationalist New European Order, although they quit in 1955 over the issue of South Tyrol.
Up to 1991, Stolberg (Rhineland) was the headquarters of WJ. From 1991 to 1994, it was Berlin.
The Wiking-Jugend was outlawed as unconstitutional on 10 November 1994.

Best regards

Hi Debertex

That gives an explanation why I think "HJ ???" :huh: , when I saw the straps. It is no coincidence, that there is a similarity to HJ-items with that political background.

Very sharp of you to find out :clap2:

Have you any link to pictures of this "Wiking-Jugend" formation ??

Hi guys

I showed this thread to my friend, and as the straps not was HJ, he gave them to me 2 days ago. I think of them as a kind of "after the HJ-time straps", and have now made a little display in a frame.

Thanks to the post from DEBERTEX I found something about Wiking-Jugend on the Internet. In a way I think they belongs to the history.

Even though I think of them as a kind of "after-HJ" I have placed them well away from my HJ-collection.

Here is a pic of the frame:

Michael:denmark

Attachments

Interesting display of fascist youth insignia. I've seen other items like triangles patterned after H.J. insignia used by more modern neo nazi and fascist youth groups.

Back