Jungbann 31 Altona/Pinneberg shoulder patch.

Thanks Received
Rare one? With Nord Nordsee triangle.

Somebody know how big bann 31 was?

All heelp is wellcome

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Nice items. I think with the "31" (as opposed to "1/31", "2/31") DJ strap you will need the later "Nord Hamburg" triangle. Prior to 1937 Bann 31 used the Nord Nordmark triangle. I'm fairly sure of that but wait for other opinions.

Yes but you have a "31" strap which can't be from 1936 because that Jungbann number would not be seen on a strap until 1937 by which time the correct triangle was "Nord Hamburg". For your time period of 1936 there were two Jungbanne with the number 31:

Jungbann 1/31
Jungbann 2/31

so for a 1936 strap/triangle combo you would need a "1/31" or "2/31" strap and your "Nord Nordmark" triangle.

From the 1st of April 1937 both of these Jungbanne officially became part of Gebiet Hamburg so theoretically members would have worn the "Nord Hamburg" triangle. However, in August 1937 Jungbann 31 came into being and so the strap numbers "1/31" and "2/31" were no longer required. After August 1937 the correct triangle for your shoulder strap was "Nord Hamburg".

So basically.... :) if you keep the "31" strap you will need to combine it with a Nord Hamburg triangle for a post-1937 combination. If you keep the Nord Nordmark triangle you will need to combine it with a "1/31" or "2/31" strap for your 1936 combination.

A nice addition would be the correct strap button with Fahnlein number :)

So many thx, man. I will hunt for Nord Hamburg. But it guess not easy to find. What number Bottum goes with bann 31
our 1/31 our 2/31?

Pre-1938 the buttons were 19mm in diameter (18 after that). The number on the button is unimportant :thumbup1:

I have this about Bann's of 1936. It say that Bann 31 is Nord Nordmark and not 31/1 31/2. ? :hMaby 1937 Bann 31 was only Altona and Nord Hamburg with gebiet 26 as stated in a post on Axis History Forum?

Attachments

I have this about Bann's of 1936. It say that Bann 31 is Nord Nordmark and not 31/1 31/2. ?

Crack is talking about the DJ Jungbanne 1/31 and 2/31. Your list only shows the HJ Bann but Crack's information in post #4 is correct. From the 1st of April 1937 the correct triangle for all members of the formations within Bann 31 (HJ, DJ, BDM, JM) was "Nord Hamburg". Prior to that it was "Nord Nordmark" :thumb:

Not from the same period but this shows the position of Bann and Jungbann within the Gebiet:

Attachments

Thx Gerry, But it is possible that Until reg. In 1937 was in place there could be boyz with new board 31 an still having the Nord Nordmark patch. ! That make it more interessting combo i think.

Thx Gerry, So it could go together 31 and Nord Nordmark as an DJ in 1936.

crack said:
So basically.... :) if you keep the "31" strap you will need to combine it with a Nord Hamburg triangle for a post-1937 combination. If you keep the Nord Nordmark triangle you will need to combine it with a "1/31" or "2/31" strap for your 1936 combination.

I agree with this. Gebiet 26 Nord Hamburg was created on the 1st of April 1937 so clearly, the "Nord Hamburg" triangle can not be used if you are putting together an insignia combination for 1936. In 1936 the two DJ Jungbanne 1/31 and 2/31 existed and these numbers would have been embroidered onto the strap. Jungbann 31 came about as part of general organisational changes undertaken by the RJF and its official creation date is the 1st of August 1937. By that time the triangle "Nord Hamburg" was in use.

Okey. This one should do it.! Nice style:amen:

Attachments

:thumb: Yes, 162 works with the Nord Nordmark triangle although not for 1936. 162/Nord Nordmark works for August 1937 onwards. I only mention that in case you were adding the insignia to a shirt and were planning to add some 1936 tinnies or something.

Cool Crack, 1937 it is. My Nord Nordmark have a sweet RZM tag on and the stitchings on schoulder boad is so neat.:clap2:

Last edited:
19 mm HJ/DJ Fahnlein number 6.

Mark RZM M5/16

Attachments

Last edited:
Back