"Jungsturm Nürnberg" shoulder straps

WIDUKIND

Thanks Received
Hi everybody,
I wish to show you a pair of shoulder straps of 'Nürnberg' from my collection.
On April 1, 1936 a special designation was introduced for the 'Jungsturm Nürnberg' which was in the tradition of the 'Jungsturm Adolf Hitler' a 'j'.
These straps are not easy to find.....
Best regards:001_cool:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

very very nice you have some wonderful boards in your colection and very rare thanks for posting

steve

Wow , really nice .
This is the first set of these that i have ever seen .

additional photo

Fantastic Eric! I've needed good photos of a set of these for the article. I don't have any in my collection. These are great! :001_cool:

Hi Darin,
I send you an additional photo for your article.
What a pity that there is so much distance between us because I would have liked meeting you:001_cool:
Cordialement
Eric

Attachments

Thank you for posting the additional photo Widukind. Yes it is a pity but perhaps one day I will travel to Europe and when I do I will be looking a few people up to visit, your name is on the list.

Does anyone know more about why Nürnberg was given this name? If it was indeed meant at the time as a reverential nod to the 'Jungsturm Adolf Hitler' I would be very surprised because the HJ distanced itself from any notion that the Jungsturm was a part of its lineage. In the same year (1936) when Bann J was formed Stabsführer Lauterbacher made it very clear that he did not view Lenk's Jungsturm as a predecessor of the Hitler Youth. His words (in reaction to an invitation sent by Adolf Lenk to HJ leaders on the 9th of Nov 1936) were: "the HJ does not consider the Jungsturm Adolf Hitler to be the forerunner of the Hitler Youth. The Hitler Youth was created in 1926". With this in mind it seems very odd that he would allow a HJ Bann to be named in this way (assuming as I said that the 'Jungsturm' meant is the 'Jungsturm Adolf Hitler').

Hi Garry,
I was in Germany this weekend and I did not manage to have more information.
Would there be a relation with the success of "Reichsparteitage" ???:001_unsure:
Best regards
Eric

Garry, agree the naming of the Bann is odd. I will look through my books tonight to find more information. I do recall reading the passage that you quoted in your post. Hopefully I will find something interesting regarding this Bann.

Was Lauterbacher's opinion widely held or was he trying to hog the glory for making the HJ what it was?
Hitler seemed to have a lot of sentimentality for people who were with him in the old days (see people like Bruno Gesche). So I would have thought a nod to the Jungsturm would have been appropriate in some form or other, even if it was not strictly speaking a precursor to the actual HJ.

So these are like a salute to the people who were in Jungsturm Adolf Hitler? That is really very cool. Now if only we could get someone to show some original Jungsturm insignia
Hello,

I have found this badge by Hermann Historica, sold recently. Here is his explanation. What do you think about it?.
Badge of the Jungsturm Hitler
example for Adolf Hitler from the inheritance of Adolf Lenk (1903 - 1987).
Stamped silver with continuous "9. NOV. Jungsturm Hitler 1921/1923", the reverse with silver punch and engraving "UNSERM FÜHRER ADOLF HITLER IN TREUE GEWIDMET MÜNCHEN 9. NOV. 33" (To our FÜhrer Adolf Hitler Given in Loyalty). Weight 23.8 g. Included is the original brown case with red velvet liner. Further, three books, two by Hans Zöberlein with dedication to (tr) "old fighter and Party comrade Lenk", the book "Die junge Kameradschaft" with a long dedication from the HJ District Leader of Nuremberg (tr) "To the leader of former Jungsturm Adolf Hitler comrade Lenk on the day of a..."
The offered badge comes from the estate of the initiator and youth leader of "Jungsturm Hitler" Adolf Lenk, and according to his statement the badge was ordered by him as a gift of honour, for the "Führer" in order to give it to him on the anniversary of 9 November 1933. Lenk states that Hitler received the gift, but returned it to Lenk a few days later with the brief explanation that he could not accept it.
As soon as Adolf Lenk came of age, he joined the NSDAP on 16 February 1921, as a result of his pressure in 1920 he had been entrusted by then DAP party chief Anton Drexler with the establishment of a youth movement. Lenk took part with his brother in the attempted putsch of November 1923, and following the ban on the Nazi party he proceeded with indifferent success to attempt to establish various youth organisations. After the fascist takeover of power, Lenk became an SA leader and made several attempts to be recognised by high leadership as a founder of the Hitler Youth, but instead this had the effect of making him extremely unpopular. This was the likeliest reason for Hitler's refusal to accept the badge. In 1941 Lenk was excluded from the NSDAP for unauthorised wearing of the Blood Order (despite the fact that he was a participant, no award had ever followed).

Attachments

Back