Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please login to view user info

"Jungsturm Nürnberg" shoulder straps

Hi everybody,
    I wish to show you a pair of shoulder straps of 'Nürnberg' from my collection.
    On April 1, 1936 a special designation was introduced for the 'Jungsturm Nürnberg' which was in the tradition of the 'Jungsturm Adolf Hitler' a 'j'.
    These straps are not easy to find.....
    Best regards

Attached Images Attached Images

very very nice you have some wonderful boards in your colection and very rare thanks for posting

steve

Fantastic Eric! I've needed good photos of a set of these for the article. I don't have any in my collection. These are great!

Quote Originally Posted by Gefolgschaft View Post
    Fantastic Eric! I've needed good photos of a set of these for the article. I don't have any in my collection. These are great!
    Hi Darin,
    no problem

Wow , really nice .
    This is the first set of these that i have ever seen .

So these are like a salute to the people who were in Jungsturm Adolf Hitler? That is really very cool. Now if only we could get someone to show some original Jungsturm insignia

additional photo

Quote Originally Posted by Gefolgschaft View Post
    Hi Darin,
    I send you an additional photo for your article.
    What a pity that there is so much distance between us because I would have liked meeting you
    Cordialement
    Eric
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank you for posting the additional photo Widukind. Yes it is a pity but perhaps one day I will travel to Europe and when I do I will be looking a few people up to visit, your name is on the list.

Does anyone know more about why Nürnberg was given this name? If it was indeed meant at the time as a reverential nod to the 'Jungsturm Adolf Hitler' I would be very surprised because the HJ distanced itself from any notion that the Jungsturm was a part of its lineage. In the same year (1936) when Bann J was formed Stabsführer Lauterbacher made it very clear that he did not view Lenk's Jungsturm as a predecessor of the Hitler Youth. His words (in reaction to an invitation sent by Adolf Lenk to HJ leaders on the 9th of Nov 1936) were: "the HJ does not consider the Jungsturm Adolf Hitler to be the forerunner of the Hitler Youth. The Hitler Youth was created in 1926". With this in mind it seems very odd that he would allow a HJ Bann to be named in this way (assuming as I said that the 'Jungsturm' meant is the 'Jungsturm Adolf Hitler').

Hi Garry,
    I was in Germany this weekend and I did not manage to have more information.
    Would there be a relation with the success of "Reichsparteitage" ???
    Best regards
    Eric

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast