Kurt Gruber portrait - early shoulder straps with "HJ"

Thanks Received
Hello mates,

in the documentary film about Emil Klein is a scene where you can have a look at these early boards. Do you know what kind of boards we have here? Maybe somebody can post a better pic or scan?

Thanks and regards,
Sven.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

It anyway must be official in such way.
For some years I do have three very lousy copies from an early HJ-regulation.
The pity is the copies were so small that it did not help when enlarging them. The
text one cannot read.
Neither do I know the period of use, but it must be about 1929/1930. Maybe somebody
knows the period from the documentary about Klein from Munich.

The drawings speak for itselves.
This content can only be viewed by: Blue Group members.

Attachments

Last edited:
Great Info as always, Wim!
Please find attached an interesting detail of an photo of my collection.

Attachments

Zeugmeisterei Wien

Hello Sven,
I think this boards are listed in my list on the left side for 1,20 Schilling.
Best Regards

Attachments

Wim,

manz thanks for your post with the very poor copies. Believe it or not: you did me a great favour with that because it gives me hints what remained so far unexplained on some of my photographs. Can anyone say something to the Chevrons, to be seen on the copies Wim posted? I have a photo where a Unterbannführer wears the "Hauptgefreiter" chevrons (so the three chevrons) on the lower left arm. Not sure what it means.

Rgds

Daniel

Hello Sven,
I think this boards are listed in my list on the left side for 1,20 Schilling.
Best Regards

Excellent list. Lots of great information on there that I haven't seen before :thumb:

Does the publication have a date on it Alois? It must be from 1932 because the ranks of Gauführer, Bezirksführer, Gefolgschaftsführer and Scharführer correspond to the structure that was introduced as a result of the reorganisation ordered by HJ Reichsführer von Renteln in the spring of 1932. Using Lauterbacher's Gau Südhannover-Braunschweig as an example, he published this new structure on the 4th of April 1932 and it consisted of Gau, Bezirk, Gefolgschaft and Schar. No Gebiet, Bann or Unterbann yet because they wouldn't be introduced until the summer of 1932 and because this maker's catalogue doesn't show those ranks it must logically date to mid-1932.

Your scans are fantastic Wim. Many thanks for uploading them. Again, hadn't seen them before and I hope that we'll eventually be able to decipher all of the words.

Garry, I think the price-list is from about March 1933, as price-list A (for the SA)
it from that date. As for the HJ the price-list is as B it is possible it is from the
same date.
The indications Gau, Bezirk, Gefolgschaft and Schar are anyway in force since about
March 1932 and as such stated in the "Dienstbuch der NSDAP, Österreich". Page 116 starts
with Die Jugendorganisationen. Page 118 mentions: Gau, Bezirk, Gefolgschaft and Schar.

Hi Wim,

Ah, so it's from 1933? Just going on the ranks shown (and those that aren't) it made sense that this catalogue must be from shortly after the April 1932 reorganisation. Logic didn't work that time :) Just an out of date catalogue then. Good one though!

Back