L München strap

Thanks Received
Hello

Recently acquired: a single HJ L München shoulder strap for a Luftwaffenhelfer.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

This strap could also be for HJ flak training personnel.

Interesting strap Lauri. Congratulations. It looks large. Can you take a picture of this one next to a standard HJ strap for size comparison?

Thanks for your comments. A photo to appreciate the size.

Attachments

Thank you for the additional photo Lauri. Did this strap come from a US seller? It looks very much like one I saw not long ago at a militaria show.

Hello,

Luftwaffenhelfer had nothing to do with the HJ. They were part of the Luftwaffe and they had, during there Luftwaffen duty, no more hierarchical connection with their former Bann. This strap is very strange for me and I think that It is, perhaps, not even a hj one (!?). I think of a "Lehr" unit (!?).

Best regards

Last edited:
Hello Debertex

Thanks for your opinion. Do you think she was made for a LW unit or something else (DLV?). Pretty sure she's not for the Heer. Maybe a LWH strap with a L as a tradition?

I was not sure of what this one is when I saw it in hand so I passed on buying it. It seemed to be larger than a normal HJ strap to me.

Very difficult to identify this shoulder strap. Size is the same as the early HJ pattern but as as said Debertex maybe not HJ.
I search in my books if I find something :001_smile:

Finally and after research, Heer transport shoulder boards are very similar, apart the roundish end. The mystery is not solved :frusty:

Attachments

I believe this strap may possibly be a Luftwaffe Probationary Unit Shoulder Strap. I've seen a similar Luftwaffe strap for sale that was identified as Luftwaffe Probationary Unit from noted Luftwaffe collector George Peterson. If someone has contact information for him, they should send him a photo and inquire.

Hello

Recently acquired: a single HJ L München shoulder strap for a Luftwaffenhelfer.

It is not a Luftwaffenhelfer/Flakhelfer strap. The Flakhelfer strap is black with light blue piping without any letter or number.

If the colour is light blue (it's a little difficult to see) and if it is HJ (which I think it is) it's a strap for Flieger HJ in the Munich Oberbann 1, who used the letter L on their straps (L may be short for Leibstandarte).

If someone has information to prove something else, I would be glad to know.

I've had this exact strap in hand once. I passed on buying it as it is very very large compared to a standard pattern HJ strap. As we know the early pattern straps were large, but the coloring of this strap (black background) would indicate a post 1938 pattern strap and in hand the size does not make sense to me. I can't say it is or is not HJ for sure, but having examined in personally I can say it is odd sized for certain.

Luftwaffenhelfer had nothing to do with the HJ. They were part of the Luftwaffe and they had, during there Luftwaffen duty, no more hierarchical connection with their former Bann.

As you can see, I'm catching up with some of the old threads. Sorry for stirring up old issues. However, I want to show a photo I owned once. I cannot show it unmodified - it belongs to another forum member. Anyhow, I would like to contribute something to this thread. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this boy is a Flakhelper (despite the chest patch is not visible), isn't he? However, he wears a sidecap with LW eagle and HJ insignia, also he wears HJ straps, the colour of the piping possibly matching with light blue.

Rgds

Daniel

Attachments

It is not a Luftwaffenhelfer/Flakhelfer strap. The Flakhelfer strap is black with light blue piping without any letter or number.

If the colour is light blue (it's a little difficult to see) and if it is HJ (which I think it is) it's a strap for Flieger HJ in the Munich Oberbann 1, who used the letter L on their straps (L may be short for Leibstandarte).

If someone has information to prove something else, I would be glad to know.

I find the shoulder straps of the Flieger HJ picture quite similar... and you?

Attachments

Back