L München strap

It is similar. I still remember this strap being very large in size when I held it in hand. I cannot say for certain if it is H.J. or not.

agree with the size alone it must be for a LUFT unit of some sort and nothing to do with the HJ IMO very odd and interesting strap for sure and if DARRIN did not buy it then he had suspicions enough to save his money then. Hope there are more thoughts on this one. :canada1

I was just not sure at all with this one, I could be wrong, but when selling items on the only questions I like to hear are "how much?" and "what form of payment do you prefer". :lol:

I have had that strap in hand also , for me it seemed to be a period strap , however ; not Hitlerjugend ... way to big in size for a regulation HJ strap .

Hello. Thanks for your reply. The size was exactly the same that the pre 38 straps.

As Cemifor says and also my opinion it is just a shoulder-strap for the Flieger-HJ for Munich, but for a tunic.
It is the version to sew in (for about 0.5-1.0 cm). These are most often somewhat longer then the ones to
fasten by the Lasche (the piece of cloth at the reverse).
There was no other organization - as far as I know the many regulations - that used this type of L on a
shoulder-strap or shoulder-board. Not the SA, NSKK nor NSFK.

Thank you for your opinion Wim. I will try to find other photographic evidence.

Thank you for commenting Wim. This strap is not only longer but much wider than a standard H.J. strap as well. Did organizations like the Heer and Luftwaffe not use the "L" designation on any insignia? I've seen other large straps with the "L" sold as being used by the army is why I ask.

Hello Darin. Shoulder straps with a L exist for Heer units. I explored this theory with "Lehr" collectors and the response was negative.

The L used with Luftwaffe was different, but the army used an L look-a-like as for Munich.
But.....it however does not quite match the L for the HJ for Munich. The "open" loop at the
bottom is not present with the army; the "ball" at the top is neither present when for the army.
The basic material for the army shoulder-strap was a blueish-darkergreen, which often looks
quite dark.

The L for the army in lighter-blue with a lighter-blue piping means = Farhr-Nachschublehrschwadron
and also for Kraffahr-Nachschublehrkompanie(see "Uniformen der Deutschen Wehrmacht", 1939/1940 by
Eberhard Hettler, page 24 and color-plates as "Uniformen des Deutschen Heeres").

Last edited:
There is an identical pair on Weitze site.
Flieger-HJ Paar Schulterklappen für einen Hitlerjungen "L" Leibstandarte München.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Without neither doubt possible now.

Attachments

Hello from Austria! I found a pair and a single, never seen before badge... Comes directly from private household.

Attachments

Back