LBA Shoulder Straps – Homemade

Thanks Received
This is a pair of LBA (Lehrerbildungsanstalt) shoulder straps in my collection. As you can see from the image of the backs, they were homemade from one regular HJ shoulder strap from Bann 334 and one from Bann 309.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

LBA Zangberg Cuff Title

This is an LBA cuff title that I got along with the LBA shoulder straps. This cuff title has a homemade look to it just as the shoulder straps do.

The grouping came from a dealer in Austria who is no longer in business. This is unfortunate, because I got a number of quite interesting things from her.

In any event, she told me that this set came from a very large collection of HJ shoulder straps which had been broken up.

Attachments

HJ Members Wearing LBA Shoulder Straps

About 2 or 3 years after I picked up the LBA shoulder straps, I came across a group of HJ ID size photos. There were 8 photos in the group, and two of the HJ members were not wearing any shoulder straps. But interestingly the other six HJ members all were wearing LBA shoulder straps. And I suppose equally interestingly all of these straps have a generally odd and homemade look to them, just like the LBA shoulder straps I have.

Attachments

Three More HJ Members Wearing LBA Shoulder Straps

These are three more ID size photos showing HJ members wearing LBA shoulder straps.

Attachments

Fantastic set of straps and group of photos. Did these items come from a collector in Maryland? I know he had them in his collection at one time and sent me some scans of the straps and the photos.

Jeff always has been a great help with my research for many, many years.
For all of his help his name went along with mine and the name from my friend
Gillain upon the cover for the handbook as a sort of "thanks". I hope I will ever
be able to finish volume 6 for the headgear-series "Headgear of Hitler's Germany"
from Bender Publishing, as for that volume more of Jeff's material will pop up!

It would be a pity when Jeff did break up his collection. It would be a big loss
for the HJ collecting-community!

Hello Wim & Darin,

Thank you for your comments.

I am not breaking up my collection, and I still own these unusual shoulder straps and cuff title. But I have decided to participate in this forum.

Jeff

He has helped me many times as well. He always shared information and photos back before the internet. I would correspond with him the old way through the mail. I recall being in awe of his fahne collection. He had examples that were the rarest and the most interesting.

Edit: Welcome fo the forum Jeff! Great to see you here posting. You will be an asset here that will be most appreciated.

Last edited:
Jeff , what a great contribution to the forum , Thank you for posting . Hopefully someday , I will find a pair of these straps as I dont have them in my collection .

These just arrived this afternoon. Formerly part of Steve's collection. I've been after a set of these for some time now. Thanks to Steve another hole in the collection is filled.

Attachments

Great shoulderstraps Daren . I have a few straps on Layaway with Steve .

Glad you got them ok Darin and its good to know they are in a good home and just a few joe lol

and welcome jeff

steve

Back