My Deutsches Jungvolk DJ leader shoulder straps

Pimpf359

Thanks Received
Hi,
These are all my DJ leaders Shoulder Boards.
Best Regards

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Hi Steve

Thanks for showing your very nice DJ leaderboards. :001_tt1:

How low rank can you find on theese, I can se your lowest rank is Scharführer. Could there be a DJ leaderboard with the rank of ex. Oberrottenführer ???

Where can I read more about these DJ leaderboards, they are not mentioned in any af my books/materials.

Michael :denmark

How low rank can you find on these? Could there be a DJ leaderboard with the rank of ex. Oberrottenführer?

Hi Michael,

The DJ straps with grey piping and letters (in the style of the standard HJ straps) were introduced in 1938 and initially, only Fähnleinführer and above wore rank pips. Lower ranked leaders from DJ-Hordenführer up to DJ-Oberjungzugführer wore the circular arm patches (also used by the Marine-HJ) to show their rank. However, DJ shoulder straps for lower ranks (like the Jungbann 273 pair shown by Steve) are known to have existed. I don't know whether this was due to a regulation or just something that "happened" late-war.

Incidentally, if you are looking for a book you should get hold of Wim Saris' Handbook of the Hitler-Jugend. Every HJ collector would be well-advised to obtain a copy. Available here

Hi Garry

THANKS a lot for the info, why I was asking, is because I have a Streifendienst shoulderboard, Ober Rottenführer.

When I showed it on this forum, there was a little discusion if it could be Deutsche Jungvolk - BUT it can never be DJ with this rank (O.Rotf.). So now I am sure that it is streif. :clap2:

Here is the thread to my Streifboard:

http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f15/streifendienst-strap-bann-57-a-9176/

No probs Michael. I think that the strap at the link is DJ, not SRD. I think it's one of those I mentioned where a DJ member lower than Fähnleinführer wore rank on his straps. Wim might have more on this discrepancy with DJ straps for lower leaders.

Hi Gerry - thanks

Then i hope that Wim see this thread, and comes with more info.

Michael

Hi Gerry

Thanks for a good advice in post 3 - I just found Wim's book at Weitze, the book is now mine and on the way to me by post. I look foreward to read it.

I still hope that Wim see this post to get answer on the Rottenführer-strap.

Back