Pimpf359

Thanks Received
These are all HJ and DJ shoulder straps from my collection.
Best Regards
Steve

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Admin Edit: Strap descriptions added for the search engine. Steve, could you let me know if I have interpreted the DJ and SRD leader straps correctly? Sometimes hard to see on photos. Thanks!

Attachments

Awesome ..wow your collection is getting up there , I notice a few straps that I got outbid on .

Thanks, at many auctions I have had luck.:001_smile:

Hello Steve,

Congratulations. Happy to see that the shoulder straps from Austria arrived at home ! You were absolutely right to acquire them because soon, there will be nothing left!

Hello Steve,

Congratulations. Happy to see that the shoulder straps from Austria arrived at home ! You were absolutely right to acquire them because soon, there will be nothing left!

The shoulder straps are from you?

no, they are not. I was referring to the shoulder straps that you purchased from Josef /militaria321 a few month ago.

hi. a very nice collection.
hm, i have one dj strap (bann 183) bought from tarn militaria.
that is the only strap i got.
guess i have some catching up to do?:pound:

Looking good. As Eric says soon there will be no straps left. I only buy very rare straps now for the most part or certain Banns.

are straps getting scarce?

Somewhat. They are getting to be expensive now. When I began to collect straps it was much cheaper than triangles. Now the more commonly encountered post 1938 style straps from any of the specialties like Strief, Motor, Flieger, MHJ, Nachrichten, etc sell for well over 150 Euro a pair most of the time. Forget about Leadership, NPEA, AHS, etc, they are only available for very very high prices now with so much competition. If you see any of those straps listed for sale you must buy immediately or they will be gone. If they are at auction you must bid very high or try to buy outright from the seller with tempting offers. The rare and difficult to find straps that survive are now almost all in collections. You must hope that an owner lets you know he is selling before putting them on the open market in many cases.

More so than not nowadays , the only way you will be able to get a chance at a rare HJ item is when an old collection is put up for sale.

I was very lucky with my NPEA tunic. It came straight from the veteran to a collector who was dating the granddaughter of the vet. Lucky for me he did not collect HJ, and I got it for a really good buy.

Last edited:
ok. these are for sale for $185. is this a "good" price or is this high retail? i don`t know much about prices.

Attachments

This is already too high.
130, - are okay
but as it has said Darin. The Shoulder straps always become a rare and expensive.

Personally I think 185 dollars is market value for an early pair of straps . You have to remember , 5 years ago ...when this fourm got started . most Hitlerjugend items were 35% cheaper in value than it is now . This forum has hightened the collector disirability for HJ militaria .....thus the rising in prices .

Earlier straps command more money from my experience. The Dan Kelley set in post #12 are unique in that it appears one has been altered from Bann 245 to Bann 243 during the period also. Note the odd stitching on the 5 on the left side strap. They certainly look to have been worn together as the color and age match very well. Appears period done to my eyes. Unique things like this can add value to the right collector, or detract for the purist.

Bittaker, glad to hear you've contacted Steve. He's a good guy to deal with from my experience, gentleman old school.

Jungvolk Board - 482 ( Prag) and Südost Böhmen-Mähren triangle

The Board I received today.

Attachments

The items are very nice. The triangle is normally very expensive when encountered for sale. I am hoping you got lucky and got a good price on that one.

The price of the triangle was ok.
I am very happy with the two Insignia.

Back