my NPEA STRAPS

Thanks Received
HERE are my NPEA shoulder straps enjoy

:canada1

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
I love them all....!!!.You begin to be dangerous for me....LOL

Last edited:
Great additions Paul . Nice to see the comparison between machine woven and the machine embroiderd versions .

Hi

Yes, that type of cord denoted a Jungmann-Gruppenführer as the guys have already said. The word used for these insignia back then was 'Gradabzeichen' (not 'Rangabzeichen' as stated on Eric's scan) and they were the same in all NPEA

Jungmann-Gruppenführer: red/yellow twisted cord
Jungmann-Zugführer: 1.8cm yellow band with red central line
Jungmann-Hundertschaftsführer: 1.8cm red band with yellow central line

You might possibly be thinking about the colours of strap on the Geländeanzug used to differentiate between the different NPEA?

Full Members can access comprehensive information on NPEA insignia HERE (UM 1940 March 1st, p34) which explains things in full including the insignia for the Anstaltsleiter, Erzieher etc (obviously the text is in German)

Hi,
I know where you read this, there are a lot of misinformation with WIKIPEDIA isn't it?.

Die offizielle Bezeichnung der Schüler war Jungmann (Plural Jungmannen). Während der Ferien bestand Dienstpflicht bei den Organisationen der Hitler-Jugend am heimatlichen Wohnort. Deshalb entsprach die generelle Ausgehuniform der Bekleidung dieser Jugendorganisation: 10–14 Jahre alt: Uniform des Deutschen Jungvolks, 14–18 Jahre alt: Uniform der Hitler-Jugend. Die Dienstgrade waren die gleichen. Ein Jungmann, Alter 12 Jahre, war daheim in der Regel „Jungenschaftsführer“ und trug eine rot-weiße Kordel.

Hi Widukind!

No! I´ve got the Book where these Straps from Oranienstein are in. This Board with the straps (from your Link!) is from the book "Des Teufels Kadett" and because of that I thought the yellow-red cord has to be from Oranienstein. My Mistake!:001_unsure:

I never get my Informations from Wikipedia:nono: It often seems to be wrong. I rather read lots of Books at home. That´s better.

Regards
Herbert

Last edited:
Back