The mystery of the HJ shoulder straps with 2 colour cord

Thanks Received
Since a long time, I'm looking for informations about curious HJ straps of the 1938 pattern. This straps have a white piping and red Bann (regiment) numbers.

I think that there are HJ-Streifendienst strap typ used for a short (?) time. I asked Wim Saris and he said that there is no regulation known but that he thinks too that there are HJ-Streifendienst straps. He said also that they exist with other colors of the Bann number reflecting the origin (Allgemeine-HJ, Flieger-HJ, Nachrichten-HJ, ect) of the wearer. Does someone of you know more ?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I have a single in my collection for bann 157 ...white piped with red number.

The pair in the middle photo appear to have silver twist cord piping of HJ leaders, the others are Strief.

Only an idea: could is be that these boards were for HJ Feuerwehrscharen as part of the Streifendienst before fire-fighting units received a special uniform?

Only an idea: could is be that these boards were for HJ Feuerwehrscharen as part of the Streifendienst before fire-fighting units received a special uniform?

Yes, entirely possible Sven. I think that is the purpose of these straps now that I've done further reading on them.

Back