NPEA cloth insignia collection

Spectacular Eric, Fantastic seeing these items and also having the pleasure of getting to know you and having someone to turn to for invaluable advice and knowledge in this area. That's what makes this forum special, so many people with a wealth of knowledge and only too happy to help others when they need advice.
I look forward to seeing your other treasures as you acquire them. As for infecting me the virus I think I'm going to have to plant a money tree if I want to expand my collection further into NPEA. :thumbup:
Once again Mate, thank you for looking over the cap I've got and if you hear of a spare cap eagle going anywhere , if you can let me know that would be great.

Hi Eric

I was just looking around some NPEA stuff and found this thread - first: Amazing collection of NPEA items :first:

And then I have a question, I noticed your pic in post 13 - there is a small round cloth badge

You don't have permission to view attachments.

What is this small badge ???

I also noticed, that it is gone from later pics of your collection, why ??

At last, do you have at clos-up pic of it ??

Michael :denmark

Attachments

Hi Eric

I was just looking around some NPEA stuff and found this thread - first: Amazing collection of NPEA items :first:

And then I have a question, I noticed your pic in post 13 - there is a small round cloth badge

What is this small badge ???

I also noticed, that it is gone from later pics of your collection, why ??

At last, do you have at clos-up pic of it ??

Hi Michael,

First, thank you for your interest in my NPEA collection.

Secondly, as Wim said, this cloth badge matches to a NPEA cockade worn with the cloth eagle for the Overseas cap (Side Cap).

Third, the NPEA cloth badge is very small, I did not consider it necessary to photograph it again. It is always in my collection.
Here is also an enlargement of the cockade as you had asked me.

Fourthly, after many questions from members of this forum, I stopped collecting temporarily.
I need to breathe a bit because I have invested a lot of money in my HJ and NPEA collection for many years.
I have other priorities right now.
Best Regards
Eric

Attachments

Understandable that Widukind is taking a break. NPEA items are difficult and costly to add to a collection and his collecting is extensive.

NPEA ASSESSOR

I recently bought several NPEA items from an old collection and this pair of shoulder boards came with them.
It is very rare and was worn by an NPEA assessor.
A star did not match has been replaced and I managed to change it recently.
I had a hard time to identify these boards and the answer was simply in David Littlejohn's book.

Attachments

Congratulations on the great boards. Your collection is really very impressive and is constantly growing.

yes indeed, a lot of envy for these very wanted NPEA boards.
I didn't know what "ASSESSOR" meant.
I'm ashamed.....LOL :confused1:

Hi Eric,

An Assessor has completed a university degree and both state examinations and is qualified for the higher administrative service in various branches (e.g. law, administration).

Regards,
Jack

Hi Eric,

Just reading through this thread, very interesting, you truly have a fantastic collection.

Best regards......Ewan

Hi Eric
Vey fine straps you got there - congratulation :clap2:

When I first saw them I thought: "this is Algemeine SS straps" but then I saw the gray back, and then it was no longer SS. The SS straps also do not have pips. but you must then admit that it might well look like :001_smile:

here you can see why I first thought it was SS:

Couldn't you come up with a picture of the back?

Attachments

Hello Michael,

the difference between SS and NPEA boards is the silver gray piping on the edge of the boards.
This piping appears only from the rank of teachers., below this rank no piping.
Here is an example of the teacher candidate's boards ( Lehrer-Anwärter) from Bensberg.These boards are in brown.
The single board in light green is from Wahlstatt, also for assessor. All items here are in my collection.

Best Regards
Eric

Attachments

Hi Eric

Thanks for the pictures of the back :good: and for the pictures of more boards too.

I had seen the gray color, but now I can see that what I thought was a gray back piece just is a gray piping.

Back