Oberbannführer in Gebietsstab

WIDUKIND

Thanks Received
Hi all collectors of this forum,:001_cool:
here is an extremely rare pair of shoulder straps, of an Oberbannführer in Gebietsstab
(staff of district) around 1935 of my collection.
Contrary to what is written in the book of J.R. Angolia , page 216 to 217 , book 1,
straps of an Oberbannführer in staff of district are dark pink and not carmine.....and here is the proof.
The silver embroidery is with silver twisted cord piping.
It is for that reason that I do not agree with what is written.
These photos are put at the disposal of everybody and I hope that they will serve as proof,
to help all collectors.

Best regards

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Indeed a rare set. There are numerous errors in Angolia's books, but lots of good information as well. Hopefully the new book by Wim will clear up a lot of things. Thanks for showing this fantastic set, I am envious.:thumbup1:

the colour is sometimes in the eye of the beholder, With the closeness of German war time waffen farbe colours there is often some discussion whether the colour is a lighter or darker shade seen often with smoke troops, veterarian and chaplin colours just to close and with fading plus variation with dyes from maker to maker some items are never agreed upon as to type or shading.These boards are super and rare but are they dark pink??

the colour is sometimes in the eye of the beholder, With the closeness of German war time waffen farbe colours there is often some discussion whether the colour is a lighter or darker shade seen often with smoke troops, veterarian and chaplin colours just to close and with fading plus variation with dyes from maker to maker some items are never agreed upon as to type or shading.These boards are super and rare but are they dark pink??

Hi Paul,
yes they are.The exact nuance is fushia pink.
When you said that eyes perceive what they want,you are completely right but there,
the difference is important. :001_unsure:
Here are enlargements of the board and its embroidery.
Best regards

Attachments

Hi, when did the type of board in post 1 go out of use?

Hello Freddy,

yes, I agree with Darin, until the end of 1936. This pair is very rare and unobtainable now. I've never seen it in another collection.
In addition, it is often described as red in modern books.
I think the error just comes from old representations in ancient books. The images were not contractual.
Here is a better picture.

Best regards

Eric

Attachments

Used until early 1937.

Hello Freddy,

yes, I agree with Darin, until the end of 1936. This pair is very rare and unobtainable now. I've never seen it in another collection.
In addition, it is often described as red in modern books.
I think the error just comes from old representations in ancient books. The images were not contractual.
Here is a better picture.

Best regards

Eric

Thanks for the info guys

Back