Odd Deutsche Jugend shoulder straps at Rastibons

Thanks Received
This pair is really odd. Currently up at Rastibons. Here is the descriptor from the site.

"DJ flag top finial & shoulder boards[/h] Very unusual flag top finial and pair of shoulder boards. Both look to be crafted and unique. Far from being textbook.
The consignors information is that both are of Croatian origin.
The DJ finial is made of aluminum. It looks to be "L" marked to the bottom.
Length: 22,5cm.

Shoulder with thick red twisted letters and borders. Good condition."

What say the members here regarding this set that is on consignment there? For me they are very strange and completely different in construction and appearance from the "DJ 1" set that I had in my collection.

There are a number of what I would politely describe as questionable items at best in the current auction. A blue Fahnfare for "Flieger HJ" and a blue Wimpel described also as "Flieger HJ" What source are they using to determine that F.HJ used any other color than the standard red white and black Fahnfare and Wimpel? Or is this just some lore made up by a consigner? Or the auction house itself? Things that make you go hmmm.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hello Darin,

I confirm that these items are doubtful. The shoulder straps are still hot (recent manufacture). Butschek Antiques disappoints me more and more.

Yes, Deutsche Jugend as opposed to Deutsches Jungvolk. I don't know enough about Deutsche Jugend stuff to say but I suppose that there was more room for variation.

Caveat emptor if bidding there. I didn't look over most of the items, but several, hmmm, suspect? H.J. items are listed in the current auction.

Back