Pair of Hitler Youth RFS (Reichsfinanzschule) shoulder straps

Thanks Received
This set was on Ebay DE. I did not bid due to the poor condition. I think they sold for too much given the condition even if they are difficult to find straps. Selling price was 293 Euro or 380 USD. Someone really wanted an example badly I suppose.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I was watching these also Darin . If I did not have a pair of these super scarce straps allready ; I might have bid on them as well .
The bidders had to make a choice : When would they have a chance to get a pair again and what would they be willing to pay for a pair of super rare HJ shoulderstraps in the bad condition that they are ?
Personally If I did not have a pair and I had a chance to get a pair , considering the condition . I would have bid up to $350.00 for them . I think I sold a single a few years back in really good condition for $375.00 . The pair that I own , I bought for around $700 dollars .

Also , these straps could clean up , as most of the damage looks to be from mildew . I would clean them carefully if they were mine . Once they were dry I would place a black cloth backing on the undersides and just keep them in a ryker mount for display .

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I was one of the bidders, but I went but as high as 121€ du to the poor condition.
I didn't wanted to go higher, altough I do not have a RJF shoulderboard up untill now.

For me collecting these things, is always trying to keep a fine balance between wanting something, willing (and or having)to pay the amount wich is demanded, and the condition in wich the item is in.
wizardelf
:belgium

Hello Mike,

I think you were right not to outbid too much for something so poor quality.

Best regards

Eric

Back