Single Oberbannführer shoulderboard .

Joe B

Banned
Thanks Received
Opinions wanted on this single Oberbannfuhrer shoulderboard .

This shoulderboard looks good to me at first glance :001_tt1:, however ; at closer viewing it looks to be either an unfinished original :001_unsure:, with the buttonhole poorly hand sewn or a good looking reproduction :angry:. What do you think ???????:bounce: Compare it to my Avatar .

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
I've made a side by side comparison to one of mine. The oakleaves do not look the same at all. Mine is on the left side. One thing that really stands out is the thread in the middle of the leaves, mine is two piece and "twisted", also no stems on the accorns of the strap Joe posted. The backing material is different as well. Mine is more of a cotton with bias weave, this one appears to be the same front and reverse. Not saying it's a bad strap, but definetly not the norm from what I have seen. Would really want to see this one "hands on" to make a decision.

Attachments

Compare this Oberbannfuhrer shoulderboard embroidery to the Gebietsfuhrer embroidery from Weitzes website that was listed awhile ago , they seem simular.
I have also posted my pair of Oberbannfuhrer shoulderboards to show the comparism in the embroidery .
Notice the embroidery with the first two have no stems atached to the acorns . Are these late wartime variants , or are these reproductions ?

Note : With Darens and my examples , the Stems in between the Oakleaves are intwined where as the first two are not .

Attachments

Last edited:
for copies, I have noticed that the embroidery is flat and non-metallic.
for genuines, the embroidery is more important, massive and domed (rounded)

Also notice that when you look at the acorns themselves ( first two photos of the silver oakleaves next to the golden oakleaves) .. the direction of the embroidery is reversed opposed to when you look at the embroidery of my pair and Darens single Oberbannfuhrer .
I am still not sure that the shoulderboard in question is bad , right now , I`m leaning more towards an unfinished wartime insignia .
I could be wrong , please more opinions are welcome .

Last edited:
The HJ shoulder strap for Oberbannführer that you have showed yesterday is fake and I am sure now, keep your money !

Attachments

I am not buying this shoulderboard , Just want to know the details that make it a fake . the embroidery is tight , to me it looks to be unfinished .

1 - oak leaves, the work is unrefined
2 - acorns
3 - the quality of the embroidery
4 - the center of the leaf

Back