So makes Mr.Weitze his profit

Thanks Received
Hello,
I am waiting for this "G27" board since I have heard that Darin have sold his collection to weitze.
Darins G27 board had allways only one "Litze" on it.
Today he listed it for 220.-€, upgreaded with 3 fake pips :mad2:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Dont know whats worse, the toyed with tabs and pips, or a complete mockery of history for €6500.-

Attachments

Yeah probably, but the strap would still be priced around what he's listed it for without being messed with. I can see if it added considerable value that he would hump it up, but for a few extra Euros? Lame.

Hello,
What's the problem ? I see on the board sold by Gefolgschaft the 3 holes of the originals pips and as you know, boards with only "Litzen" never were worn like that (one "Litze" was the insignia of a Rottenführer, two "Litzen" were for a Oberrottenführer... and always on a strap). The board is again one of a Obergefolgschaftsführer.
Best regards

NO holes on the backside !!

Here are no holes on the backside ! On such boards there are no "metal" to see, as YOU know Debertex.

Attachments

Okay, but at the front the holes are visible!!
When seeing the holes, Weitze or an employee may have
thought it would be better to "complete" the strap! And so
it happened.

I see lots of straps with added Litze and pips by collectors
after the war. Just recently. Upgrading is what is done
these days, but do not forget it was also done before the
end of the war when a boy got a new rank.

Attachments

Hello,

First at all : take it easy, Holzwurm ! if you don't like it, I think Firma Weitze will make what you expect (I'm not his speaker but I'm buyer there since the 70s).

As Wim told you, a promotion does not mean buying new insignias. It seems that the board you bought was finished by the manufacturer with 3 pips before final sewing ! ok ! but the vast majority of these boards have added pips, added by the wearer after an upgrade. So, it's not true to say : "On such boards there are no "metal" to see on the backside".

Best regards

I am glad I quite collecting in the mid-1980's. There was a lot of rustle in those days,
which got worth in later years and did not reach it's top yet in my opinion. Many
try to get and extra buck, due to this. Some collectors and dealer's as well are
very well known for their "fummeln" (tinkering)!!

I think no one can mention a dealer who never did some "fixing"?

Items are the owners to do with as they wish. For me, l never cleaned or restored anything. I always left items as found. To each his own.

Personally :..... to each there own ... I have hand washed old uniforms as well as insignias ..... usually with good results (only once did the insignia fall apart). If a strap has missing pips then if I can find good pips I will restore them . If a uniform or hat has a rip or tear I have no issue with repairing them with original thread .... But hey , at least I admit it !

Well i wouldn't use the expression each to his own here, we are talking about a dealer, who buys for resale. So any pimping out that is done, is done for pure profit.
Remember the SS tunic that the Weitze company pimped out? Talking about a years salary here for some people.. it was bought from one webshop, and when it arrived on his a little later it was pimped out!

The only thing i can suggest, and indeed would suggest to new people who read these threads, is to simply take note.

Take note of the pimping by certain people, and put a big X next to there name in your book, to n e v e r believe any story you read on their site again, and always assume that when they sell a LOT, it will have been pieced together by them.
Always assume when you see them selling multi-piece items, that they themselves have created them. That is all you can do. Always assume when you see them selling groupings of items that they themselves have created the group.
Unfair? not at all, if you want to add pennies to your wallet by blatantly pimping stuff, and not giving a monkeys cuss when you get caught out, then just know that new collectors are taking note. (or should be)
Any dealer needs new collectors to stay in business.

If new collectors are not taking note, then they deserve to buy pimped gear, they deserve to believe the story and pay extra for it.

The Deschler Hoard...... :001_unsure: originates from this dealer does it not? :swiss as said, Take Note! That`s all you can do.

I look at it this way when looking to buy a antique car without all the parts I would search for the parts and restore it to its original. If someone has added some of the missing parts thats less work for me. Simple way of looking at it my opinion

As long as the seller admits that an item has been restored , then I dont have an isssue . Its those sellers that do it and then say they got it that way that there are issues .

Back