Strange HJ Bann 144 shoulder straps

Thanks Received
Original pair of HJ epaulettes Bann 144 LÜNEN Westfalen
how about this pair? Period straps without any question but the Bann numbers stiching very strange any ideas

steve

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Numerals look very poor. However, I wonder if there are any signs of previous numbers having been removed. Perhaps the boy relocated or his Bann merged, or some such like. Rather than buy new straps, his Mum adapted his existing ones.

Best,
Toby.

Some very late straps were not numbered. I have a set and so does Paul 70. Looks like this may be one of those sets that has been crudely numbered by hand instead of having metal numbers attached.

Also as Toby has said, the numbers may have been removed and then these added. All the "unumbered" straps I've seen are the sew in variety. Saris has also told me he has photos of boys at an NPEA Schule that very clearly show them wearing straps like this (no numbers or letters and most definetly not piped in white). Very late straps were meant to have the numbers attached later IMO partly because German industry was in ruin and not many manufacturers were left. Here's some more stuff from the article here on the forum.

http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f83/post-1938-hj-shoulder-straps-504/

I'd have bought these and the DJ's he selling as well but I'm skint due to buying a fantastic but by no means cheap Feldscher strap from our friend here in California.

thanks guys i got the two DJ straps by the way as for the other set well i like the ideas you have come up with looking at them they dont appear to have had bann numbers on them before so think mum did her own stitching by the sound of it so quite a rear set then

steve

Back