Streifendienst shoulder boards OK ?

Thanks Received
Hello,
I found this boards on a dealer-site.
They remeber me on my fake NPEA-boards. Are they OK ?
What´s your opinion.
Best Regards
Alois

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

They appear to be non RZM straps, possibly transitional straps to me. Not for the collector of only textbook straps, but I like them. I would have bought them but the price was sort of high IMO so I did not. He has a set of General HJ as well, missing pips but were once Obergefolgschaftsführer straps from the same Bann. From the photos the RZM set appears to have the correct internal stiffeners for the rank as well. The pips could easily be restored to them for a nice set of lower level leadership straps. Dion got all the items from the same person. The Streifendienst have been sold on the WAF Estand already.

Edited to add Dion's (MD Militaria) photo of the straps.

Attachments

Last edited:
Yes , I think also this is positiv, that he also have the general and DJ boards for sale.
Hello Alois,

It would be wiser to collect only the regulatory shoulder straps. Be careful !.
In my case, i don't like these Streifendienst shoulder boards .
Every dealer can have good items or not on their website and it is certainly not a reference.
Some of us had bad surprises with this kind of argument.

Best regards

Eric

Last edited:
Personally , I like them . I like the tight stiching of the numbers. Yes they are not textbook RZM , however; I have been collecting long enough (since 1974) to know that not all is textbook (especially before 1935 and after 1942) I just purchased them as well as the red piped straps missing the pips.
When they come in the post, I will put up some photos and see what feedback I get from those who can give me there experianced opinions .
If in hand , I do not like them .... I can allways send them back .

Last edited:
I agree do not ever depend upon a dealer or what is on his site to determine if items are good or not, decide for yourself after doing your own research and seeing the research of others. I also recognize as Joe says not all is regulation or textbook with cloth H.J. items in particular, but as said this is not a set for a collector looking for "textbook" examples, as they are not RZM straps at all. I do like them, and had the chance to buy them almost a week ago but passed on them, as I am not buying anything lately unless it is a very rare or unique set of straps.

Photo taken from ebay awhile ago , shows an HJ leader wearing totally non RZM regulation custom made shoulderstraps.

Attachments

Hello,

Personally, I decided to stop collecting non regulatory items for two reasons : there is always some doubt and the risk of being married with them.

Hello,

Personally, I decided to stop collecting non regulatory items for two reasons : there is always some doubt and the risk of being married with them.

Hello Lauri,

don't forget that these shoulder boards are 70 years old, the used cloth should be rough after all these years and not soft to the touch as the velvet.
It is true that after 1942, the regulations for HJ items were no longer respected but numerals were often metallic and not of cloth.

Last edited:
Wow interesting . I recieved the shoulderboards awhile ago ... with a hands on examination , I did not feel comfortable with them and returned them to MD militaria . I asked him if he had recieved them yet and he replied NO . I hope he is truthfull .
I did send them back registered .

Dion is a pretty reliable guy Joe. I'd be really surprised to find out otherwise. I saw this set from Markus some time ago, but just didn't feel right about them so I didn't buy them.

Here is an update with the Postal system . The SRD straps were mailed to DION 3 weeks ago and are still stuck in Customs in NewYork .
This is what I wrote to MD Militaria :
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Dion

I mailed the streife straps to you as requested as gift , old patches . on 4/01/13 US Postal registration number RE87 4417 100 US .
. They went to San Fransisco Postal Distrubition Center on 04/02/13 , Dispatch label ID # DS144148422213045947 . This package left San Fransisco on 04/03/13 .
The Package arrived at the International Dispatch Center in New York on 04/16/13 .
Recepticle ID # USJFKADEFRAAAUR30273991110098 .
Package is International Dispatch Ready on 04/16/13 .
I am sorry , but once I mailed it to you from the Post Office 3 weeks ago , It was out of my hands and we are at the mercy of the Postal system .
Hopefully you will get it next week . Please let me know when it arrives , as you will need to sign for it .

Thank you , Joe
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...And this is Dion from MD Militaria his reply :--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Joe,

With all due respect it does not matter because Kassel (The Kassel Gun Show) is over.These boards are original as is everything else that came with it in the box it came from.

I have lost time and money over this , not pleased at all.

est,
Dion

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Joe, not good news at all. I don't know what is going on with the postal system lately, lots of lost items, delays, etc. In the past I've always mailed USPS International Express and the fee was around 35 USD for that service. They have recently raised the prices to almost 50 USD, so I think any items I send from now on to Europe will be FedEx. Hopefully the items will arrive to Dion and you will get your money back.

UPDATE from last year ... Dion did finially recieve the SRD straps ... it took about 5 weeks .
I did recieve a refund .
Dion can be trusted with his reputation intact

Back