Unusual Embroidery on HJ Scharführer Gebiet 34 Gebietstab Shoulder Strap

Thanks Received
Have a look at the embroidery on this Gebietstab strap. It's a type I have not seen before. The numeral three is not a version I've encountered. The background material looks almost like a "felt" type material in the photos, not the more common woven type material normally seen on post 1938 HJ straps. What are the thoughts and opinions on this strap?

Pictures are from the Hiscol site.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Here are a couple that I own, note the background material is the same as the more common nubered post 1938 HJ straps and the numerals are a different style.

Attachments

I feel that this strap is a custom made variant . Alot of effort was spent in the construction . In my opinion it was made during the change over period in 1938 .

Have a look at the embroidery on this Gebietstab strap. It's a type I have not seen before. The numeral three is not a version I've encountered. The background material looks almost like a "felt" type material in the photos, not the more common woven type material normally seen on post 1938 HJ straps. What are the thoughts and opinions on this strap?

Pictures are from the Hiscol site.
Hello Darin,

I have doubts about the authenticity of the shoulder strap.
It would seem that the piping is red , isn't?
Best regards
Eric

Hi Darin to me the numbers look to big and not standard doubts on this one when i saw it but its that age old question is it ?

Thanks for your thoughts Paul and Steve. I'm not after this one, but felt someone here may be and should have some other collectors input before purchasing.

Back