HJ Gefolgschaft and Fähnlein standard bearer patch

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
'Very good reproduction with authentic RZM label' (Weitze)

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

:)

For the purposes of direct comparison here is a period original I used to own.

..and a scan taken from a 1940 publication:

Just for balance here is a scan from the 1943 'Organisationsbuch der NSDAP' 1943 edition which shows the patch with a sharp upper point on the diamond. In my experience all of the fakes look like this which is why I personally would avoid all patches which display this feature.

Attachments

Cheers Kevin. I had this boy's triangle and rune patch too actually. The set was split up unfortunately (wish I hadn't done it but the buyer only wanted the patch...). Here's how it al looked when it was all together:

Attachments

Very interesting. Thankyou for this information. The patch with the point (like you show from the 1943 Organisationsbuch) is often for sale on the sites of dealers who do not have a good reputation. Also on Mil321 of course.

FROM what I understand with these is the dimensions are key if you note Garry's worn example is noticeably larger. I also would not give up on the pointy ones as IMO the blunt tops are weave errors

PAUL :canada1

garry thanks for this link on the other thread mate!

these are real confuising to me, i really like the look of the flat topped ones esp that old uniform removed version of yours garry :001_tt1: so are there versions out there with the pointy top considered originals? i see kevin has one on his blog with a sharp point? surely all these pointy ones cant be just good fakes?

then again why has dealers got the pointy tipped ones for £80 unissued and £88 folded and uniform removed? when the flat tiped ones go for £300/350 and uniform removed £350+ ?

:w00t:

The pointed diamond versions are also considered originals by most collectors. It's my opinion that both versions are period. I just prefer the flat topped as most of the flat topped I see have wear and age to them. I like used insignia as a matter of personal preference.

Yep. The pic from the 1943 OB is useful and throws doubt on the assumption that the non-pointed versions are the only acceptable version. However, the OB has been shown on numerous occasions to be a book which shows items/instructions/descriptions which weren't actually in use/in effect when the respective issues of the OB were distributed.

The 1943 pic is useful though and if we could find a good pic of the 'pointy' in wear or a manufacturing instruction for it I could get rid of my personal worries about them.

Ive tried to enhance the scan as best as i could
it looks pointed to me but still not 100%,

Steve

Attachments

Back