Is this an authentic BDM rank patch?

Thanks Received
NEED SOME COMMENTS ON THE PATCH SHOWN IN THIS LOT AS I HAVE SOME CONCERNS EVEN WITH THESE BEING HAND SEWN. NO BOOK SHOWS THESE IN COLOUR THAT I KNOW OF MAKING THESE LEADER ONES HARD TO DEFINE.:canada1

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

At first glance , I do like it . However; I would need a closer detailed photo of the front and backsides for a final opinion .

Other photos of the sale.

Attachments

For me, the good versions of these almost always have a hand made look to them with a crude looking hakenkruz on them. The backing buckram on the example shown looks lighter than what I like to see. I like to see the brownish color on these personally.

had better link it here save folks some time, would everybody agree its the exact same patch?

http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f102/few-bdm-leader-breast-eagles-1100/index2.html

agreed there Darin, just the same brownish buckram backing as collar tabs

here is one of mine, all the breast eagles i have seen have the same backing and all dark blue ones are of the same blue materials, the one in discussion is kind of funky to say the least! if it were an SS insignia the wire would be laughed out the house...

regards!

Attachments

It's the same patch he posted back then, agreed. Perhaps he did forget that he posted it here for opinions or got another opinion somewhere else that told him that it's a good item. Not one I would spend money on for my collection.

Comparing to the 5 BDM eagles that I have in my collection , the quality of this eagle is not up to par with mine . The wool backing cloth on all of mine are of a whipcord style weave either in white color or dark blue , the one shown does not have this pattern . After seeing closer photos , I believe that this BDM eagle is either a current post 1945 reproduction or a Non RZM factory paterned home made eagle ... a UV light and a burn test could 90% confirm that.

Back