BDM Leader rank insignia (summer) - opinions

Thanks Received
this summer dress insignia has an odd cut any comments on use or correctness appreciated. :canada1 by the way no problem with the badge itself it is righteous

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

It dont believe they were issued like this . I do think that when you find them cut down , they are either a salesman sample or purposely cut down by the former BDM to insert in a scrap book without the bulk of the original insignia.

Photo below is one I have in my collection that has been cut down .

Attachments

Paul, in Angolias HJ there is one cut down to the exact shape of yours , there is also one on MILI321 the same shape, too many around like this for them all to have been cut down imo, Angolia claims it a later variant shield for what thats worth! i believe all the ones i have mentioned are all good unfinished insignias including yours, KevinS has one of the same variant but completed , it has a heavy paper type backing with cord applied to the outer rim only. its on the forum here or on his blog!

Hi, I was now also offered as a breast eagle.
what a price is ok for this?

Attachments

Hi, I was now also offered as a breast eagle.
what a price is ok for this?
White ones are harder to find than blue/black backed ones ... If I needed one I would pay $150-$285 USD for one this one . If it was not cut up it would be $500 to $625 USD for the white backed pattern .

Back