Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    My reference to faking of HJ items was meant to imply that they were not faked to the extent of, for example, SS or other more popular and lucrative collecting markets. There are HJ items that have been faked since the war ended.

Please login to view user info
    as darin has already mentione no one is saying HJ items where not faked as we all know they are, they are just not faked to the extent of other areas, with some small areas of youth collecting remaining more or less untouched

I believe that these cuffbands are good and are from a hoard find.

Any more burn test results?
    Colin

I tested my Geländesportwart and Schießwart just now Colin - both pass the burn test.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    I tested my Geländesportwart and Schießwart just now Colin - both pass the burn test.
    Cheers Gary, well that's interesting, to be clear though the black material burned and left ash residue.. it did'nt melt back on itself?

I will do my Geländesportwart one again tomorrow, maybe mine is naff and your one good.
    Colin

That's right Colin. I got black ash and it smelt like burnt paper/cotton

Did my short yellow one again, it melts, so it would appear there are good and bad short ones, good to learn something, pity more people did'nt let us know the results of their tests.
    Colin

No cuff titles to burn test in my collection, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    Some period photos of these cufftitles in wear would be really helpful I think. As Colin is pointing out, the length of the one he is showing (and the ones I showed from the period publication) suggest that the cufftitle was worn on the full circumference of the sleeve as opposed to being a small strip.
    Here's a photo of them in-wear, from the RFS Herrsching Lot I recently sold.

Perhaps Steve aka Zander can provide a better scan.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast