Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

help on insignia . Seeberufsfachschule Kammer

can anyone confirm if this arm patch is related to the marine HJ please

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Paul Ayerst; 15th November 2009 at 07:01 AM.

Please login to view user info
    I don't know if this badge was used by Marine-HJ.

Weitze has a (Lightblue and white) Marine-HJ cap band with the text Seeberufsvorschule. https://www.weitze.net/detail/43/Mar...le__19043.html

Found the photo of a German navy sailor, on the german forum Das größte deutschsprachige Militaria Forum

Text on arm badge:
    See-
    berufsfachschule
    Essen-Werden

In 1942 the German navy renamed the Unteroffiziersvorschulen to Seeberufsfacschulen

../henrik

I believe it is for the German Navy NCO ( Petty officer ) pre school for regular Kriegsmarine .

that kid looks awful young to be regular KM.
    Thanks for the research CEMIFOR

The boys [Jungmatrose] for the first class of 1941 had to be born between 1 April 1926 and 31 March 1927.

The education lasted 3 years. Then they were appointed Soldat [common soldier] in the Kriegsmarine. After a year [3 month onshore, 9 month at sea] they were appointed Gefreiter [corporal].

../henrik

so HENRIK in your opinion is this patch related to marine HJ or regular KM ?

paul

Quote Originally Posted by PAUL AYERST View Post
    so HENRIK in your opinion is this patch related to marine HJ or regular KM ?

paul
    For now, I would say KM related.

But we need the opinion from somone who knows the uniform regulations for these schools. Or somone with a photo of a Marine-HJ uniform with the badge.

Like other TR schools at this time, the boys were probably organized by HJ.

Anyway it's a rare badge.

../henrik

thanks for your opinion the badge is available but if not HJ related of little interest right now

thanks PAUL

Seeberufsfachschule Kammer

Gents,

I'm unbelieveable happy to contribute something to the Forum eventually. Pls see below a photograph with the badge in wear. The closest translation for Kammer, BTW, is "headoffice". Of course, Kammer can be also the name of the locn the school was situated, but there's no such town to my knowledge.
    However, as cemifor wrote the boys for the first class in 1941 had to be born in the forementioned time period. Everybody in this age belonged to the HJ and to my understanding these schools were under the umbrella of the HJ, well knowing that the boys on the photos I have available don't wear HJ uniform. At the end, and this was important for me as Marine-HJ cap tally collector, they wear a MHJ cap tally.
    Again, it would be good to get the uniform regulations to know.

@ Henrik aka cemifor: where you've got the info from that the KM renamed the Unteroffiziersvorschule to Seeberufsfachschule in 1942? I was led to believe that the KM Marineunteroffizier = Vorschule tallies just came up from 1941 onwards.
    Henrik, can you give me the link to the MFF thread where the Essen-Werden photo was posted?

So i.m.o. the badge is MHJ, but this has to be still subject of discussion of course. Very rare anyway. The badges of the individual schools pop up now and then, but the Kammer I have never seen for sale anyway!

Rgds

Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Marine HJ View Post
    @ Henrik aka cemifor: where you've got the info from that the KM renamed the Unteroffiziersvorschule to Seeberufsfachschule in 1942? I was led to believe that the KM Marineunteroffizier = Vorschule tallies just came up from 1941 onwards.
    Henrik, can you give me the link to the MFF thread where the Essen-Werden photo was posted?

INFO: Unteroffiziervorschule ? Wikipedia

PHOTO: Seeberufsschule marine - Militaria Fundforum

../henrik

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast