Hitler Youth Adjutant sleeve insignia ?

Thanks Received
Hello
What do you think of this armpatch ? Seem to be a variant of the HJ adjutant patch, it is oval :confused1:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Lauri, I like the ones with paper backing on them. The thread does not look quite right to me, but I am not really good with this insignia. Look at the one on Kevin's site about halfway down the page. That's the type I would want.

HJ - BDM Insignia & Awards

Thanks Gefolgschaft for your advice and the link. Is there an oval version (and not a rhombus) of this insignia ? I did not find in my books. Another one :

Attachments

Thanks Paul for your interest. I have also a bad opinion.
I've encountered only two exemplar of this bogus insignia;
why we do not see anywhere else? for a fake?
or why copy a badge that never existed?

I think the badge existed see my first post in this forum. The fakers will take a rare badge and come up with a close but different copy to make the uninitiated think they have a rare type but in fact a fantasy

PAUL

Hello Frostkrom.Yes it would be much appreciated to learn more cause i found nothing in my books... except this rune is similar to croatian einsatz staffel collar patch.

Another of this insignia was apparently sold on a dealer site :glare:

Attachments

hi friends,
first, my english is very bad :)
a friend of mine has a contact to croatia and is interested in the SS. from croatia he got some stuff. he offered me the insginia and a buckles from the croatia hj. i have pictures of both of them. but the pictures are not my own, so i can´t show them here. at the back of the insignia there is a small paper (looks like german RZM-paper). " Hersteller ES 2 Landeszeugmeisterei Der D.M. in Esseg" There is also the hj-diamond.
D.M. = Deutsche Mannschaft.

Last edited:
Pity you can't show the photos, but thank you for the additional information. Your English is fine, we appreciate all efforts made by non English speakers here on the forum.

Frostkrom, many thanks for your details about this insignia. I hope to find more information soon as possible.

i am allowed to show the paper from the back. the insignia looks like the oval which is already shown here in the thread.

Attachments

i am allowed to show the paper from the back. the insignia looks like the oval which is already shown here in the thread.
Hi,
I believe in this version because the city of Esseg / Osijek is located in Croatia...:clap2:
Best Regards
Eric

Thanks a lot frostkrom and Eric!
No doubt the diamond of this very crude label is not HJ but for the LZM (Landeszeugmeisterei) the counterpart of the RZM for the 'German' Croatia (and Romania). So my theory is this insignia was certainly make for the Croatian Deutsche Mannschaft, and maybe :noidea: for the Deutsche Jugend. Notice the two 'opfer' runes and ES on the label are identified for the Einsatzstaffel, the Croatian Allgemeine SS.
I really appreciate your help again :thumb:

Attachments

Well. After several contacts with Holland, France and Germany, nothing more about the authenticity or not of this insignia :crying:
Retrieved this illustration from Angolia's book and took a moment to make a design with the RZM 36 regulation, measures are good :mellow:

Attachments

Last edited:
Thanks for the follow-up Lauri. I think we can be sure that Angolia's claim that this is a 'variation' of the HJ Adjutant's patch can be discounted in lieu of photographic/period written evidence to the contrary. Oval HJ Adjutant patches are not mentioned/shown in anything I have here.

Do you think the Croatian angle is worth pursuing? Seems promising.

Back