Hitler Youth Gefolgschaft and Jungvolk Fähnlein standard bearer sleeve patch

Thank you for a most enlightening post, and thanks to you also Ewan :good:

So, a quick scout around, and I find this for sale for £85. I take it it's bad:001_smile:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

DARIN +1

have to add tho i think some of the know what they are upto, as they have seen the condemned online time after time, been alerted by collectors and such and they still sit there live for some sucker to get suckered ( where Darins comment comes in, both collector and the dealer are to blame ), i dont mean every dealer here nor am i talking exclusively about the SB insignia as that would be generalising some what, strust no one! who dares wins! :lol:

Last edited:
But thats great actually - for you, you can now list it as Genuine on your site, with a pointer to Weitze, Ulrich and Shea... Surely a potential buyer would be more convinced by the fact that the Gods of Bling think that they are genuine, than they would pay any attention to the HJ-Research forum? No money will be lost, everyone will be happy - end of.

Thank you for a most enlightening post, and thanks to you also Ewan :good:

So, a quick scout around, and I find this for sale for £85. I take it it's bad:001_smile:

same again in my honest opinion! the good ones of these are seen much less than the SB insignia, infact in all truthfulness the one i own is the only one i have ever seen with age/wear/differences to the fakes posted around so i bought i am still waitin to see another like mine or be told its fake? the quality is much different to all the mint ones around just check the little -. below the swatikas, under the scope it shows nice age traps of use, they are also molded into a shape from use! i am happy with mine untill i can find out otherwise :)

http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f16/sleeve-diamond-hj-members-taken-nskk-7965/

JO, your skiving man!

Last edited:
But thats great actually - for you, you can now list it as Genuine on your site, with a pointer to Weitze, Ulrich and Shea... Surely a potential buyer would be more convinced by the fact that the Gods of Bling think that they are genuine, than they would pay any attention to the HJ-Research forum? No money will be lost, everyone will be happy - end of.

Well I won't:good:

Then it is 100% fake, as the original measurements are: [HIDE=6,29,7]width about 7.2 cm and a height of about 7.6 cm.[/HIDE]
Most gentlemen dealers should know the difference in size for an original and a fake, as some of
them anyway do have my book "Ringkragen und Brustschilder im Dritten Reich" where on page
217 both versions are shown in front and reverse!

Another informative and educational thread regarding this often faked patch. It's a real shame to see so many of these fakes listed on dealer sites and sitting in guys collections. I was burned by Manion's in the 80's on one of these at the Great Western Show. I paid around 150 USD back then for it when I was a novice at collecting and there was no internet and few reference books. I had it in my collection for some time before an experienced collector gave me the bad news.

It possibly will not take long before the fakers will read this thread and start copying the patch with the
correct sizes! So, beware in the future when brandnew patches will be offered suddenly at all sorts of
dealer's websites and at shows!

Hitler Youth Gefolgschaft and Jungvolk Fähnlein standard bearer sleeve patch - Hitler Youth Forum - Page 3 Fixed :thumb:

This is exactly the kind of information I had in mind when I introduced the HIDE and SHOW tags back in Sept 2012. In Wim's post I added HIDE tags to the measurements so that they can only be seen by admin, mods and Full Members. I'll do another tutorial on these tags now and will link to it from here when I'm ready.

Yes, Thank you Wilhelm, a most informative and interesting thread. Now you see the original side by side, makes you wonder why there's any doubt

funny bump...

Give it 20 years and these will be "debated on".... link

Attachments

Interestingly I did the Military Oddessy in Kent over the weekend, and counted at least 4 of these same badges on various stalls, all purporting to be real, ranging from £85-£150. At least I had a chuckle :)

It's unfortunate but many of the reproduction patches are on dealer sites and in collections and for the most part I think most of the holders of these reproductions firmly believe them to be period examples.

Back