Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Please login to view user info
    Hello Ewan,

Alois and Darin are right. These HJ swallow nests are fakes !!!!!.Mine are woolen with a velvet finish and they comes from Strasbourg (France).
    They are photographed in the Angolia's book, vol. 2, page 262. These HJ swallow nests must be in brown on the back side !.

Best regards

Eric
    DSC04181.jpg DSC04182.jpg

Alois, thats what i was looking for ! thanks

and thanks to you also Eric it would seem these cotton fakes have original white strps to the front? as the pattern on the whites match others here shown by Alois, Darin, Steve , i speak only of the white parts to the front !

Darin is yours cotton or felt/wool ?

seems a good call to leave these well alone...

Quote Originally Posted by WIDUKIND View Post
    Hello Ewan,

Alois and Darin are right. These HJ swallow nests are fakes !!!!!.Mine are woolen with a velvet finish and they comes from Strasbourg (France).
    They are photographed in the Angolia's book, vol. 2, page 262. These HJ swallow nests must be in brown on the back side !.

Best regards

Eric
    DSC04181.jpg DSC04182.jpg
    those are excellent Eric ! i still seek vol 2 of Angolias HJ book where these pieces are published !

the market of militaria is flooded with fakes from the 80s, many come from the former Czechoslovakia.

Hello Ewan,
    here is one Vol.2
    LINK: The HJ: John R. Angolia: 9780912138480: Amazon.com: Books

are the ones on collectors guild bad due to the "wrong" backside colour?

Quote Originally Posted by bittaker View Post
    are the ones on collectors guild bad due to the "wrong" backside colour?
    Hi,

Well, it's not "wrong" but rather: wrong. As mentioned by Alois in post #5, according to the 1934 regulation the colour of the material on the obverse of the HJ/DJ "Schwalbennest"' is khaki-brown. In 1936 this is further defined as being the same colour (and made of the same material) as the standard HJ shirt. I see no changes to the 1936 regulation in any subsequent regulations.

The appearance of the swallows' nests on the CG site is clearly not a match for the regulation item and this "fading" of the cloth backing from brown to almost white (without a corresponding level of wear to the obverse of the item) will have to be satisfactorily explained because most HJ collectors will expect to see brown HJ shirt material on these.

The stamping of the items with "1942" will also require explanation because logically, there is no reason why that would have been necessary.

As Ewan says, variations are possible from the early period but if I were buying a set of these I would be looking for a more regulation item and would not be expecting to pay the same price for a variation (if that is indeed what the CG set is).

Hey,

I am looking for swallow nests too.
    I saw these:

swa1.jpg

The posts above suggest these would be fake!
    But it is a well known dealer.

Your opinions?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by smolders View Post
    The posts above suggest these would be fake!
    But it is a well known dealer.
    Hi,

That isn't the suggestion. What is being pointed out is that they aren't regulation items. They may well be authentic but they differ from the standard item shown in the period literature. It is worth pointing that out because items like this will often attract questions that the owner may not be able to answer.

PS: when you link to an item please copy the pictures and upload them to the forum. When external pictures are deleted, any thread that relies on them is effectively destroyed because no one will be able to see the item under discussion.

Thanks.

Because the foto's where visible, I thought that they where "saved".
    In the future I will use my **********!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast