HJ Flieger Tech. Vorschule Technical School sleeve patches

JME

Thanks Received
Fl. Techn. Vorschule 2 Gotha (Flieger-Technische Vorschule 2 Gotha)
Techn-Vorschule d Luftwaffe 3 Dessau (Technische-Vorschule der Luftwaffe 3 Dessau)

HJ Technical School Patches

Could somebody tell me what these patches are? My guess is that they may have something to do with the Luftwaffe. But I am not sure what they are.
Thank you in advance for your input. JME

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

These patches are for a training preschool for boys who aspired to join the luftwaffe . The Gotha one is a rarer name to find .

For some reason the embroidery looks a little strange on these. I'd like to see what Cemifor (Henrik) thinks of these, he has much knowledge of this insignia.

hj

Hi is it the flash that are making them very blue all of mine is marine blue tomas

The patches were used by students at the Fliegertechnische Vorschulen (Aeronautical Preparatory Technical Schools). The students at these schools were organized by HJ.

The round badge is a "Jahrgangsabzeichen" and was worn on the the working jacket or coverall. The number shows the year of education (1 = first year, 2 = second year etc.).

I have only seen a few of these patches. I have seen both types of lettering/embroidery.

To me, they look OK, maybe except for the light blue color, but that might be due to a flash, as railhouse mentions.

@ railhouse: could you please post your badges for comparison?

Attachments

Thank you all for your input! The blue color is the same on both patches. The only difference I see is that the yarn used on the “Gotha” is more light brown while the other is more into the yellow color. It would be nice to see others for comparison. While a lot was the same a lot was also different and Makers had some variations in their production. I know we like to narrow it down and say it has to be this way to be authentic but I have seen so much variation in all the items that had been produced. I am sure that manufacturing was extremely controlled in the beginning and lacked regulation toward the end. Must my opinion! These came also out of on old HJ Collection and have not seen many of these available in the past. I would think these are not that common?
Thanks again for your help in input! JME

Technische Vorschule der Luftwaffe Suhl

This is a different patch made out of different material. Were these used on the regular uniform while the others were used on the day-to-day working uniform? Thank you for your input! JME

Admin edit for search: Tech. Vorschule d. Luftwaffe Suhl (Technische Vorschule der Luftwaffe Suhl)

Attachments

... Were these used on the regular uniform while the others were used on the day-to-day working uniform? ... JME

Yes, thats correct. During the war, the diamond shaped patch replaced the cufftitles, used earlier.

Attachments

Fleiger Tech school cap .

Attachments

I love that HJ Flieger Hat you got! Very nice Hat and seems to be in mint condition!
Thank you for showing. JME

Back