HJ Standard Bearers patch

Thanks Received
Can someone please show a genuine example and compare it with some known fakes? Obverse and reverse? I see these for sale often, but wonder if they are genuine or not.

Regards

Russ

I recall a thread on WAF about this topic, but can't seem to find it now. I don't have any examples. Also I'm assuming you are refering to the colored standerbearer patches and not the Bannfahne numbered ones.

Nice one Russ. I always judge these mainly based on one feature I see which differs between a known original and those unused ones you see being offered. The first pic shows a patch which came with all insignia less the strap from a DJ shirt (I've since sold the patch). It's a perfect match for the one you can see in pic three which comes from a DJ book dated 1941.

What you notice immediately is the flattened upper point on the diamond. On the unused examples I've seen the points are always there in full. What we need is another known original with a full point. Until then I personally wouldn't touch a patch which didn't have it. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of one of the patches which you see for sale on mil321 and some of the dealer sites.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

here is mine and from a definate vet pile. Also bear in mind that there have been a couple vet buys in the USA with rolls of these uncut in the last 2 years.

PAUL

Attachments

here is the example in LITTLEJOHN'S book note the point on the diamond

PAUL

Attachments

I had a couple of these at one point. I traded one for one of those bad ski badges, and it was later found to be a fake. The person I traded it to and I sort of thought it was funny that we each traded what we thought were good items, but were fakes to each other. We still laugh about it to this day.

Be carefull with the Hj flag bearers patches
They are quite convincing .
I will post an original and a fake next to each other to show the difference.
The originals are a little bigger in size than the repros.

Apart from the diamond, I see another difference between Garry's example and Paul's example. The beak on Garry's appears much longer on the upper area, whereas Paul's example appears much shorter and downward pointing, if that makes sense.

The chain type stitching across the top of the patch also looks different on both of these examples.

Regards

Russ

Last edited:
Forgot to thank you all for showing these - very interesting subject which I hope we can see more of.

Regards

Russ

don't foreget that there where probably a dozen makers of this badge as with most so small variations will be the norm. AM interested in the size comparison

PAUL

here is my example

Attachments

Any background on your patch Steve? It looks hand-made certainly but I don't think there's any way a boy would have got away with wearing a badge like that for such a prominent appointment.

i find steve example very dubvious and to be honest would not have it in my collection,sorry steve just mi opinion

here is the back if its a fake i know where i got that from and the dealer is dead thanks for imput guys

Attachments

Thanks for the reverse shot Steve. Well, it isn't a real one in the sense of RZM real but it's certainly interesting. Who knows? It could be period. It's too far removed from the standard item to be a fake I think. No boy would have got away with wearing a patch like that in my opinion because what it signified was too important but again - who knows?

It's an oddity certainly. If it were mine I'd keep it (assuming it didn't cost you too much) and would add the standard type to my collection.

I have in my collection a panzer assault badge PAB that was hand made and is what we call theatre made. I am wondering if this out of the east countries where supplies where impossible to obtain

PAUL

ok garry thanks for that think i will keep it then and wait for you to sell me yours lol by the way i posted the gauwimple in flags again for you to enjoy as i know how much you like it thanks again garry and at least it stops me killing a dealer

Mine went a few months back unfortunately Steve. Off now to look at your pennants :)

Back