HJ Standard Bearers patch

I've heard of EkII's being made on submarines and EKII's being made into RK's when there was no other option... did this happen with HJ items as well? I am referring to Mr Ayerst's comment about the possibility of it being made in a place where proper ones were not possible to find.

Well, I guess you can't rule it out completely Pat but I think there would have been much less of a necessity for the HJ to engage in making copies of awards etc when they were so close to the source. Not being able to rule it out completely is one of the interesting aspects to our hobby though :)

This is an intresting thread , here is the one im in the throws of purchasing can i have your thoughts on it , to me it seems to conform with the one that garry posted at the start ,

steve

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Yep. I'd be happy with that one based on what I look for on these.

Can anyone show some comparisons between genuine and fake, or just some definate fakes to be aware of?

Regards

Russ

This has just arrived , hope you all like it ,

cheers steve

Attachments

Very nice Steve. I would personally be very happy with that one.

Steve that is beautifull example of a much desired piece of insignia:thumbup:

just noticed in paul70`s collection thread on waf he has one of these with a pointed diamond that is still attached to a piece of shirt, so maybe some proof of the pointed diamond???

It would be great to see Paul's example and any others on this thread. Looks like there could be a few genuine variations.

Regards

Russ

Any thoughts on this one? There are some differences to the ones I've seen.

Attachments

I'm no expert on separating real from fake with these but as far as I'm aware the reverse is the main thing which gives the fakes away. The reverse on this one doesn't look like any originals I've seen.

Thanks for your thoughts on this one Garry. The price puts me off as well, it's well under what I've seen them sell for. Edit: I should just stick to what I know, straps.

Back