A little background on the HJ Gefolgschaft and DJ Fähnlein standard bearer sleeve patches

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
As with the special patches for the Bann and Jungbann standard bearers the patches for the lower formations of Gefolgschaft and Fähnlein were also introduced in 1938. The procedure was the same and each standard bearer received three patches from the Bann which were to be returned when he was replaced. The patch was worn on the right sleeve above any rank insignia.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

DJ Fähnlein 12, Jungbann 147 standard bearer sleeve insignia

Here is a nice grouping that I received today. The Fähnlein standard bear sleeve patch, shoulder strap and button, and the ink stamp for Jungzug II, Fähnlein 12, Jungbann 147 Lisken, Grenzwacht, Ost/Ostland. A nice little grouping that was part of the Baker collection. I like that it appears to have been worn and used.

Attachments

Fantastic Darin. Great set. That is how these patches should look :thumb:

The unit stamp is an odd one though as the Jungzug was not authorised to have one of these stamps. Perhaps Wim might be aware of a reason for the existence of this stamp?

The stamp is unusual, and as you say perhaps Wim Saris can provide some commentary on it. I've looked for one of these for some time that I felt comfortable with as there are so many fakes about.

Hi Darin,

Really nice lot that you got, congratulations. The patch is just beautiful and, well, the DJ are my favourite ones.

Question about the boht. The Standar Bearer one has been faked, is it difficult to spot a fake from a real?

THANKS!!

Regards

Antonio

Here's a few that IMO are fakes all the way. One horrible, one pretty bad, and one made to deceive. Personally for me, it's the short version with the flat topped diamond that I accept as good. I'm sure there are some that disagree with me on this, but it's just my opinion and what I am comfortable having in my collection. I've owned one of the versions with the elongated pointy diamond many years ago, RZM tagged and all that, and it glowed like crazy with blacklight (a controversial test in itself) and smelled like melting plastic when you burned a thread of it. Reddick makes very convincing copies on original equipment from Bevo Wuppertal, but they are the long "skinny" version of this patch. As said I'm sure there are some that do not agree with me and accept that version as period.

Attachments

Thanks to a forum member here working out a deal for the Gebiet Triangle I've been able to complete this Fähnleinfahnenträger grouping of insignia for a display. I think it looks great!

Attachments

Congrats on getting hold of the triangle Darin :thumb: Set looks great.

Here my new patches for HJ Gefolgschaft and DJ Fähnlein Standard bearer.

Attachments

Back