Motor-HJ Gebietsinspekteur sleeve badge

I just bought the 2nd type with silver thread only 35.00. Now I need the rare F one and the third type with yellow thread . The lowly F one seem very scarce and wonder how often it was issued

PAUL

Just a bit more on these patches Paul. The F or Fahrer (driver) patch was worn by HJ, BDM, DJ and JM personnel who drove staff cars at the various levels. In my original post I incorrectly stated that this was a Motor-HJ patch so although some of those who wore the patch would have been Motor-HJ the patch wasn't exclusive to that part of the HJ. With that in mind the F patch shouldn't really be seen as being aligned with the standard Motor-HJ patch and the Gebietsinspecteur.

The F patch was on red cloth with the F in aluminium thread and could only be worn by personnel on active service as staff car drivers. Those who had been staff drivers but who had then returned to normal duty were not permitted to wear the patch.

So, it would have been a rare patch during the period and of course is even rarer now.

THANKS Garry for the further info and clarification on this series. Certainly one of the nicer non swastika types and hopefully will be collected more from the knowledge here

PAUL

Just a bit more on these patches Paul. The F or Fahrer (driver) patch was worn by HJ, BDM, DJ and JM personnel who drove staff cars at the various levels. In my original post I incorrectly stated that this was a Motor-HJ patch so although some of those who wore the patch would have been Motor-HJ the patch wasn't exclusive to that part of the HJ. With that in mind the F patch shouldn't really be seen as being aligned with the standard Motor-HJ patch and the Gebietsinspecteur.

The F patch was on red cloth with the F in aluminium thread and could only be worn by personnel on active service as staff car drivers. Those who had been staff drivers but who had then returned to normal duty were not permitted to wear the patch.

So, it would have been a rare patch during the period and of course is even rarer now.

I think this is a good Fahrer insignia (Sonderarmscheibe für bei der HJ hauptamtlich beschäftigten Fahrer).

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

350 E STILL way expensive

Agreed, it's expensive, but there is much competition now for the difficult H.J. insignia. Long gone are the days when interest in H.J. items was low. I've not seen another one like this with tag in many years of collecting. Also Weitze is never cheap, but service is bulletproof in terms of reliable delivery and speed.

I have never seen a period photograph showing this patch. Perhaps someone?

A true-color picture.

Attachments

Could this be HJ too?

Attachments

Could this be HJ too?

This patch has NOTHING at all to do with HJ.

According to L.Dv. 788: Vorschrift über die Dienstbekleidung für den Sicherheits- und Hilfsdienst
I. Ordnung und den Luftschutz-Warndienst
from August 1, 1941 it was the oval patch for the
specific-group of Feuerlösch- und Entgiftungsdienst (fire-fighters). It was a so-called Tätigkeitsabzeichen
and as far as I know this form was abolished in April 1942.

This patch has NOTHING at all to do with HJ.

According to L.Dv. 788: Vorschrift über die Dienstbekleidung für den Sicherheits- und Hilfsdienst
I. Ordnung und den Luftschutz-Warndienst
from August 1, 1941 it was the oval patch for the
specific-group of Feuerlösch- und Entgiftungsdienst (fire-fighters). It was a so-called Tätigkeitsabzeichen
and as far as I know this form was abolished in April 1942.

ok thanks Wilhelm.
I thought so, but you never know.
Found site with information Sicherheits- und Hilfsdienst - Wikiwand

I have seen that Feuerlösch- und Entgiftungsdienst insignia on an HJ uniform once that belonged to Kevin, but he was unsure when and why it was put on that particular uniform. I think there is a photo of the exact uniform in Anoglia's HJ. We do know that Angolia was incorrect in some of his work so take that for what it's worth.

There is no proof at all this tunic in Angolia's volume 2 on page 71, is put together in this way before 1945!
For me someone made a fancy tunic. If I would have made it, the diamond with the fire defence patch
would be in the lowest position on the arm and the "F" above it! It is easy to put together an eye-catching
item. Needles and thread do wonders!

Last edited:
Back