Motor-HJ Gebietsinspekteur sleeve badge

Thanks Received
HERE is a very high quality senior level drivers badge not often seen

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

just to show you need to know your topic this badge was mixed up with some pre WW1 Canadian insignia which it was very similar to and is now where it belongs. I have seen a couple of the lower class one around but think it is often passed over as an unknown badge by others

I love stories of finds like that Paul. Same way I got a Ski Fuher badge a long time ago, the guy thought it was some sort of large tinnie of low importance that sold it to me.

Fantastic Paul,and its great to see it find a proper home.I have seen one other,held it in my hands and drooled.Alas it was not for sale.

Very nice Paul. As you say, a special patch for the Gebietsinspecteure of the Motor-HJ. It was introduced by an order dated 21.4.1939.

You mentioned a second level between this and the normal Motor-HJ achievement patch Paul. Do you mean the special patch worn by those employed as staff car drivers?

According to a regulation I have here it was introduced in 1937. Here's a pic from the 1938 OB also showing the standard Motor-HJ patch:

Attachments

hi folks, nice thread, but should this be in the cloth section??? :huh: what do the mods think?? pete :thumb:

GARRY from what I can gather there where four insignia in the series the lowest being the one you show with the F centre for qualified driver, next the wheel in grey thread for motor HJ personnel, then wheel in yellow thread for driver instructor and lastly the one I show in gold wire for the highest inspector branch.
The one you show with the F must be very rare as I have never seen it listed for sale ever

PAUL

Back