Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Please login to view user info
    Thanks for posting the photo Paul. It is an awesome patch.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Gefolgschaft View Post
    Only one I've ever seen!
    same here! only saw those in books with insignia once, but thought it wasn't out there!

nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Gefolgschaft View Post
    I love stories of finds like that Paul. Same way I got a HJ Skiführer badge a long time ago, the guy thought it was some sort of large tinnie of low importance that sold it to me.
    maybe post a picture of it?

Fantastic Paul,and its great to see it find a proper home.I have seen one other,held it in my hands and drooled.Alas it was not for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by H2OCO2 View Post
    mayby post a picture of it?
    I have some photos of it, but they are not mine. It's in another collection now, and the owner requested that I not share the photos, so I have to honour his wishes.

Very nice Paul. As you say, a special patch for the Gebietsinspecteure of the Motor-HJ. It was introduced by an order dated 21.4.1939.

You mentioned a second level between this and the normal Motor-HJ achievement patch Paul. Do you mean the special patch worn by those employed as staff car drivers?

According to a regulation I have here it was introduced in 1937. Here's a pic from the 1938 OB also showing the standard Motor-HJ patch:
    Attached Images Attached Images

hi folks, nice thread, but should this be in the cloth section??? what do the mods think?? pete

Moved

GARRY from what I can gather there where four insignia in the series the lowest being the one you show with the F centre for qualified driver, next the wheel in grey thread for motor HJ personnel, then wheel in yellow thread for driver instructor and lastly the one I show in gold wire for the highest inspector branch.
    The one you show with the F must be very rare as I have never seen it listed for sale ever

PAUL

Paul,

I just saw this thread.
    That's really nice.
    Definately a 'keeper'.
    Congratulations Paul.

kevin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast