Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    THANKS it is a difficult series to buy with two of them rarely seen

PAUL

I just bought the 2nd type with silver thread only 35.00. Now I need the rare F one and the third type with yellow thread . The lowly F one seem very scarce and wonder how often it was issued

PAUL

Just a bit more on these patches Paul. The F or Fahrer (driver) patch was worn by HJ, BDM, DJ and JM personnel who drove staff cars at the various levels. In my original post I incorrectly stated that this was a Motor-HJ patch so although some of those who wore the patch would have been Motor-HJ the patch wasn't exclusive to that part of the HJ. With that in mind the F patch shouldn't really be seen as being aligned with the standard Motor-HJ patch and the Gebietsinspecteur.

The F patch was on red cloth with the F in aluminium thread and could only be worn by personnel on active service as staff car drivers. Those who had been staff drivers but who had then returned to normal duty were not permitted to wear the patch.

So, it would have been a rare patch during the period and of course is even rarer now.

THANKS Garry for the further info and clarification on this series. Certainly one of the nicer non swastika types and hopefully will be collected more from the knowledge here

PAUL

No probs Paul

Please login to view user info
    rare patch paul nice one ;)

Please login to view user info
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    Just a bit more on these patches Paul. The F or Fahrer (driver) patch was worn by HJ, BDM, DJ and JM personnel who drove staff cars at the various levels. In my original post I incorrectly stated that this was a Motor-HJ patch so although some of those who wore the patch would have been Motor-HJ the patch wasn't exclusive to that part of the HJ. With that in mind the F patch shouldn't really be seen as being aligned with the standard Motor-HJ patch and the Gebietsinspecteur.

The F patch was on red cloth with the F in aluminium thread and could only be worn by personnel on active service as staff car drivers. Those who had been staff drivers but who had then returned to normal duty were not permitted to wear the patch.

So, it would have been a rare patch during the period and of course is even rarer now.
    I think this is a good Fahrer insignia (Sonderarmscheibe für bei der HJ hauptamtlich beschäftigten Fahrer).
    Attached Images Attached Images

interesting very high quality and looks okay to me , SO rare

Listed at a somewhat realistic price for a rare item IMO.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast