Nachrichten-HJ (Signals HJ) Sleeve patch Nachrichtenschein B

Thanks Received
here are pics of my new acquisition an HJ blitz upgraded with silver cord. Garry has some data on this :canada1

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Discrepancy with Nachrichten-HJ (Signals HJ) qualification sleeve patches

Thanks for starting this again Paul. Unfortunately, your original thread from yesterday went AWOL after I had to rollback the database due to some issues with a software upgrade.

I just wanted to explore the discrepancy between your patch (which matches the item shown in the 1943 OB) and the regulation that introduced the patches. Here's what I was going on about on the original thread yesterday:

These two orders:

RJF order 44/41K Sonderdruck dated 5.12.1941 and..
"Erste Durchführungsanordnung zu den Richtlinien über Aufbau und Arbeit der Nachrichten-Hitler-Jugend" (First Directive in regard of guidelines concerning the organisation and work of the Signals-HJ) dated 11.6.1941...

both head up a large section of information regarding the organisation and work of the Nachrichten-HJ in wartime. It contains a sub-section on the qualification sleeve patches and I've translated it here (see below right for a picture from wiki which serves to illustrate the colours and configuration described in the order):

D. Special arm patches of the Nachrichten-HJ

All previous orders about the special patch for the Nachrichten-HJ are rescinded. With immediate effect, the following patches are introduced:

Special patch for holders of the A Nachrichtenschein - a green patch with black lightning bolt

Special patch for holders of the B Nachrichtenschein - a green patch with silver lightning bolt

Special patch for holders of the C Nachrichtenschein - a green patch with gold lightning bolt

Special patch for holders of the Hitler-Jugend-Nachrichten-Lehrschein (Instructors) - a green patch with gold lightning bolt and gold braid around the edge of the patch

All seems clear enough but... the 1943 OB deviates in that there are now only three badges (left). It would appear that the instructors no longer have a badge as theirs was apparently reassigned to holders of Nachrichtenschein C. The Nachrichtenschein B now has a silver braid around the edge.

So, which of these sources is correct? The OB has been known to contain errors, some very obvious ones, but is anyone aware of any information from other sources that would explain this discrepancy between the orders from June and December in 1941 respectively and the 1943 OB?

Attachments

Would this patch that Paul has picked up not represent a Hitler-Jugend-Nachrichten-Lehrschein (Instructors) qualification?

That's mentioned in post one G

"Special patch for holders of the Hitler-Jugend-Nachrichten-Lehrschein (Instructors) - a green patch with gold lightning bolt and gold braid around the edge of the patch"

Great insignia Paul,
I envy you.
I would also like to have one, but would already be content with one of the lower ranking, so should anyone have any knowledge where I could get one, please come forward.

Thx

Mike
:belgium

This is interesting. I have to say that I wasn't awre of the infornation Garry posted but if it's on an order from 1941 then surely we have to take note of it? Obviously the same applies to the organisationsbuch but the question is very valid- why isn't Paul's patch mentioned by the order? Surely that must be explored before the patch is declared "good" or "great"?

ps- no disrespect intended to Paul or MIke - I'm just interested in the discussion

Last edited:
Just to go back to the discrepancy I mentioned in post #2, it would be useful to see what the Angolia/Baker/Littlejohn books say about these patches. Could a kind soul upload a scan of any relevant page(s) from those (or indeed any other modern books) that discuss the Nachrichten-HJ patches? I'm not too hopeful that it will be found in those books but there must be an explanation for the difference between the original patches in the order and those in the 1943 OB.

I know for a fact that the order introducing the patches in pic 1 of post #2 was still valid in December 1942 because the book containing the order also has an (unrelated) order from Dec 1942. This means, of course, that there was very little time between then and the publication of the 1943 OB for this major change to the designation and number of Signals-HJ qualification patches to have happened. After all, two patches from the original series have simply disappeared...

Would this patch that Paul has picked up not represent a Hitler-Jugend-Nachrichten-Lehrschein (Instructors) qualification?
It's a valid question Darin but we would have to ask ourselves why just the instructors? Why don't normal Signals-HJ members who passed the B-Nachrichtenschein course suddenly get a patch any more?

Here are the scans from Angolia's H.J. Vol. 2.

Attachments

Many thanks Darin :yo:

He also notes that same discrepancy between the 1943 OB and the the information contained in the introductory order.

Is the Blitz definitely silver Paul?

I'd love to know why the OB pictures the patches like that but it's a period and obviously legitimate sourceand as such we have to assume that something changed between 1942 and 1943. Perhaps we'll find out one day exactly what happened but having said that, the OB did sometimes show things that were incorrect.

Here is another interesting one.

Attachments

Back