Reiter-HJ

Just arrived. Passed the UV and burn test, and the glue is "animal" glue on the reverse. Seems good to me.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Champagne!

Attachments

I love that one with the snaps , great catch ...someday I hope to find one , if the price is right .

I dont like the ones with the "SILVER" embroidered pennants .The only ones that I think are good are the white pennants . This is just my opinion .

I don't like this one :sad:

Attachments

Hi Darin,

These were introduced along with the patches for HJ doctors, adjutants, Pioniere etc in Verordnungsblatt 37 dated 18.9.1933 (left). There were further reorganisations affecting the Reiter HJ in 1934 and 1935 but Verordnungsblatt IV/10 dated the 8th of May 1936 announces that the Reiter-HJ units in existence at that time were to be disbanded by the 1st of June 1936 (the NSRK took over full control of training) but that the sleeve patch was to remain in use by those who had qualified for the "Reiterscheinprüfung, A-Schein". The patch is shown in the NSDAP OB for 1943 (right) so it appears to have survived until the end of the TR.

Verordnungsblatt V/I dated the 18th of Jan 1937 reconfirms that only qualified personnel were permitted to wear the patch and states that wearers had to re-qualify every 12 months in order to continue wearing it. The patches were held at Gebiet level and the Bannführer had to put in a request for patches in advance of the riding test so that they could be awarded to successful candidates immediately after testing. In 1937 the patches cost 0,75 RM. This order also confirms that the patch was a formation patch from it's introduction in 1933 until the disbandment of the Reiter-HJ units 1936 i.e. all members of the HJ-Reiterscharen wore it.

There is a version of this patch with silver flags (metallic thread as opposed to "Kunstseide" as specified in the regulation) but they aren't mentioned in period regulations so in lieu of further info we must assume that they are not HJ/possibly bogus.

Attachments

Thanks Garry. I knew that the units were disbanded in 1936, but have seen uniforms with later post 1938 straps and the patch in wear at the same time in period photos, so I was somewhat confused. Thanks for clearing it up!

Hello,
here is my very smal piciture(4,5x3,5cm) of a Reiter-HJ member.
Best Regards
Alois

Attachments

Great early photo . What is interesting is that if you look at his shoulder insignia , you can see that he has utilizied the SA style Reiter cyphers onto his shoulderstraps.

What do you think of this specimen?

Attachments

I have it in hands. It is less new than in the picture. I do not like the backing material and it is smaller than as described in the regulation (as another reiter badge I have). The flags are also different. I wonder if this is a variant made ​​during the war?

Back