Reiter-HJ

Hi Ewan,

You're probably right, I do not like this UD patch too. The construction of the reiter badge I have recover is still different. There is a piece of cloth between embroidery and background. This does of course not mean that it is genuine :crying:

interesting Lauri, i bought the UD insignia as an Original, i understood its un finished as the snake has no eye and it does not have backing paper etc , it has the red embroidered over cardboard templates!

a few believe and own these as original ! Hiscoll has one up now, and not cheap.... !

i must add in hand the white backing is way yellow to this UD insignia and it does not glow, i feel these need further discussion? un finished originals, or ??

you decide !

I do not know... This may be true or not. It is sometimes very difficult to have a definitive opinion about a cloth badge. It's more easier with metal badges.
I can only advise you to check out others UD insignia on the forum. I just look the UD patch on Hiscoll store, surprising but why not! :frusty:

Ewan,the materials used for its construction looks good.

Last edited:
I've always been leery of the U.D. insignia without the eye or tongue on them. I've been offered a few but will hold out for one I'm positive on.

Darin, i was thinking they are just not finished because they looked good materials? then again, Marios has the cloth backing and has been RZM tagged on an unfinished insignia? :noidea:

lately i have been thinking i have been sold a pup for 50E :bounce:

of note is, i have seen them like mine with the yellow thread in the eye with the tongue but nothing on the back just like mine :bored:

Hard for me to say for sure from photos Ewan. I'm waiting for the right one to come along myself before I pull the trigger on one. I always like used insignia best so I'm hoping to find a used example sometime.

For review of this patch :

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Not for my collection , the embroidery is not standard to known originals and the backing is totally wrong .

Thank you both. I got it in a auction lot with two original KM patches. This has cost me 20€.
Me too I do not like the construction and materials used. The only illustration I have of this badge is in one of the books of Angolia or Littlejohn, I forget which one.

Your comments regarding this patch are welcome. I believe that is a good specimen.
Thanks
Lauri

Attachments

This one matches mine as well .... 475 euro was expensive but they are really hard item to find if you want an original .... I was watching this too .

Hello,
I also have one of these Patches in my collection.
The same manufacturer and the label is also faded.

Best Regards

Attachments

Back