sales mans sample board with hj insiginia

after a closer look they may be pages from several hj photo albums they are all titled ( factory printed ) with H J titles maybe all cover pages the glue was so dry the patches fell of when touched. awaiting a translation to know for sure disappointing for me.

It was common at one time for collectors and veterans to glue cloth insignia to cardboard backing. Col. Dodkins did this to a large amount of HJ insignia that he had. Some items I see for sale have glue residue on the back as a result of this practice. Even though the group does not appear to be salesman's samples as you thought, don't be too dissapointed, you have some nice items in the group. If the photos were really clear it would be great to see.

Better for you really, this way you can sell them individually. Imagine hacking up a genuine Musterkarte just to sell each item off ! Boarders on blasphemy...
What are you waiting for a translation of? i already told you what was written. There was no "*photo" on this paper, it does not come from a photo album, there was a printed picture of a Holzschnitt (it says so) of that building, a holzschnitt is a black and white print, like a potato print, but using wood instead of the spud :) The card has nothing to do with the items, and certainly nothing to do with any manufacturer or seller. If the items are genuine, then they will sell themselves, the card(s) are worthless.

hello, some photos in the natural daylight might help you alot, always have the light sorce for the picture coming from behind the camera and you! like everyone else i have found your threads interesting and have learned a couple of things if nothing else but would also like to see better pictures of the items for interests sake :scot

or rather a print of a building ?
Yes, maybe from a calendar, a magazine...who knows. It looks too honest to be anything other than what it is, a home/made collection, long before the days of rykers and storage albums etc....

When taking pictures try using a white background and a couple of lamps with the shades removed. Adjust the light until the shadows are away from the items, and use something to steady the camera, don't just hold it in your hands. This might help even if your camera is not the best quality.

Here is an example of some items from the old Dodkins collection that are offered at Ulrich of England that show the practice of gluing items to card stock from the old collecting days.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

yes I agree many vets did this, have seen some rare cuff titles glued in and to fragile to do anything but leave as found , at least we know it is period stuff which is a plus these days :canada1

There are better photos of some of the items in the sales area now. All the items listed there appear to be good items to me. Thanks for the clear photos to Aircrew.

better photos of items from pages.

Attachments

Back