Seesportabzeichen der HJ

Thanks Received
Hello, does somebody know the "sea sport badge of the Marine-HJ"?
If it has still nowhere seen in spite of intensive search, it cannot be an arm badge, because lending number.
Thank you and greeting
atze

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Atze,

I don't have a picture of a real one but here is the version worn on dark shirts/jackets

On blue shirts/jackets: blue cloth with red anchor
On white shirts/jackets: white cloth with blue anchor.

The patch was introduced in 1938 and was worn on the upper right arm.

Attachments

Hi Garry,
thank you for the quick answer!
I think now,the arm badge is the only existing one.
To me one more document with a lending number is known,however, certainly this was only one sequential numbering of the lending.
Excuse for my bad English!
greeting
atze

No problem Atze. It does seem odd to give a serial number to a cloth badge doesn't it. This would tend to make people think of a metal badge but the serial number is only an accounting number so that a register could be kept showing who had qualified.

Here are some examples from Wietze's site that are up for sale there. Edit The shape is different from the one shown in the regulations book, I don't know if that's a problem or not.

Attachments

Last edited:
Agreed. I find it interesting that Marine HJ items tend to be expensive, but if you look at Kriegsmarine items they are priced well under other areas like SS, Heer and Luftwaffe.:confused:

The patches Darin showed in post #5 were described by Weitze as being for those who took the A, B or C tests whilst participating on a Wehrertüchtigung course (pre-military training). Patch 2 in Darin's post shows a patch with lightning which Weitze describes as being for Level C of the marine signalling test. Now, I'm looking but I can't find anything in the regulations about these particular patches. We are all familiar with the usual MHJ qualification patches but those in Darin's post are a mystery to me. On 8.12.1939 an agreement was reached between the HJ and the Kriegsmarine to provide training for the 'Marine-Wehrfunk' which was designed to provide a pool of boys with training in German navy signals procedures (MHJ Wehrfunker). I'm wondering whether the patches with anchor and lightning were for wear by these boys but I have nothing confirming that.

I'll keep looking but does anyone else have any more info?

My new batch.

Attachments

My new patch, MHJ funker "B" test.

Attachments

The patches Darin showed in post #5 were described by Weitze as being for those who took the A, B or C tests whilst participating on a Wehrertüchtigung course (pre-military training). Patch 2 in Darin's post shows a patch with lightning which Weitze describes as being for Level C of the marine signalling test. Now, I'm looking but I can't find anything in the regulations about these particular patches. We are all familiar with the usual MHJ qualification patches but those in Darin's post are a mystery to me. On 8.12.1939 an agreement was reached between the HJ and the Kriegsmarine to provide training for the 'Marine-Wehrfunk' which was designed to provide a pool of boys with training in German navy signals procedures (MHJ Wehrfunker). I'm wondering whether the patches with anchor and lightning were for wear by these boys but I have nothing confirming that.

I'll keep looking but does anyone else have any more info?

Have you seen this set Garry ?

Attachments

I hadn't seen that set Lauri. That is indeed the standard oval MHJ-Wehrfunker patch. Thanks for posting it :thumb:

Hi Chaps,

give me a little time and I will show a few on period photos. It was ALWAYS a question mark for me what these small circular arm patches are. I have about 300 different snapshots and portraits of all different kinds of MHJ boys from all regions of Germany. None of them wear such circular patch as shown f.e. by lauri in post no 15.
Will get back to you soon.

Daniel

Seesportabzeichen

That's me back, quicker then I thought. Since I don't have much time right now but would like to share with you a few images ... here we go. As you can see some with the anchor, some without, ... . I will participate in any discussion tomorrow - today I'm in a hurry.

Thanks and rgds

Daniel

P.S.: These are not all images I have with SeeSpAbz. Just the ones I have found right now. I do hope the quality is acceptable.

Attachments

Back