Very early (1931) Hitler Youth sports patch (HJ Reichssportabzeichen)

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
Here is an article introducing this early HJ sports patch (Reichssportabzeichen) from the 'Kampfzeit' when the HJ was still under the control of Kurt Gruber. I found it in a 1931 copy of the HJZ Kampfblatt der Hitler-Jugend (Hitlerjugend Zeitung). I've never seen a photo of the patch in wear though but according to the article it was worn on the sports vest.

One of these turned up in 2011 and Darin was the lucky man: https://www.hj-research.com/forum/f102/extremely-rare-hitler-youth-cloth-sports-patch-HJ-4991/

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

A friend sent me this copy of a photo of a girl wearing what looks to be one of these early patches:

Attachments

You might be right there Crack. Darin on the forum has one but I don't remember if he ever posted dimensions for it. Seems huge on her blouse. Nice find!

If it helps :

Attachments

Ah, way smaller than the patch on her blouse then. There does seem to be a similarity between the two but based on that photo alone we can't be sure what exactly that is on her blouse.

I agree with Garry, it is not the same badge - When you look at Lauri's badge, you can see that the J starts at the far left of the badge, which is not far from the red edge to the J. The badge that the girl in the picture wears looks completely different in my opinion.

There is also a funny thing about the picture of the two, and that is that the belt buckle on the boy's belt is mounted in reverse

Michael :denmark

Attachments

Back