DJ-rune - early style

mkholst

Thanks Received
Hi Guys

This is an old style DJ-rune, before 1933 i think, but what period before 1933 have this one been used ????

What do you think about the way it is constructed ???

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Michael :denmark

Attachments

I think it is not earlier then 1933. In the regulation from January 15, 1934 it was said
the patch was to be woven, but before that date they will have been manufactured
from cloth as yours. I rate this patch about fall 1933. My opinion, maybe Garry knows
more about it.

Hi Wilhelm and Gefolgschaft

Thank's for your information about my DJ-rune, now I know when it was used and that a serious collector wants it in HIS Collection - great.

More info is welcom

Michael

I agree with Wim that this patch will date to late-1933. It is close to the familiar later design but the cloth is of the type that was discontinued at some point, probably close to, the publication of the book "Bekleidung und Ausrüstung der HJ" on the 15th of January 1934. As Wim says, that book describes the patch as being woven onto brown cloth. I checked all RJF regulations around that time but there are none that mention the introduction of this new type of woven sleeve rune specifically so perhaps its appearance was discussed internally during the extended period of negotiation between the RJF and the RZM in 1933/4 during which time the uniforms of the HJ, BDM, DJ and JM were gradually standardised and manufacturing instructions/standards agreed upon.

Anyway, nice patch Michael
:thumb:

Hi Michael,
I have a few days ago also a DJ badges.
It is made from the same material as yours.
The condition is unfortunately a bit worse.

Best Regards
Steve

Attachments

Hi Steve

Yes, a bit worn, but still very collectible, congrats with your new item :clap2:

Michael :denmark

Back