DJ Rune patches collection

WIDUKIND

Thanks Received
Hello,

here is my DJ Siegrunen collection.

Best Regards
Eric

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

More very nice items from your collection Eric. We share many of the same collecting interests. The pink colored Rune is very interesting to me.

Hello Darin,

I hope you are convinced now of the existence of the pink patch for DJ.
You will not have the right to say that my eyes were tired....LOL...!

Best Regards
Eric

Indeed Eric. I have seen the pink rune before, but thought perhaps it was a faded red. Obvious from your photo not the case! I shall now look for one for my collection.

Now we all know to keep a keen eye for the elusive PINK and not JUST faded RED sigrune .

Hi Eric very nice,how many diffrent types are there.Best regards Pete

Hello Pete,

from 1933, there were 7 different types. We must also add runes for DJ leader.
before this date, each region had its combination of colors and it is impossible to quantify on the whole of the Reich.

Best regards
Eric

Last edited:
Hello,

I am currently in Munich for the Oktoberfest and I had the chance to buy this DJ badge to the military show at Reichertshofen ( Germany) the last weekend.
This scarce DJ badge is very early and It would seem that it results from the South of Germany, " Süd-Baden"

Best Regards
Eric

Attachments

Hello,

yes indeed, it is a realy beautiful piece.
By carefully observing the back of the badge, I feel it has lost its two-color twisted cord.

I havent come across the pink rune patch before. Has it been discussed on the forum somewhere guys?

RJF Verordnungsblatt III/12 from 28th of March 1935 states that a special rune patch was to be introduced for leader ranks up to and including Stammführer who were employed on the Jungbann staff, Gebiet staff and RJF staff. Its description matches the appearance of the 'pink' patch under discussion here.

It was worn as a square i.e. the brown material was not folded under before being sewn onto the shirt. The patch is described in the Verordnungsblatt as being woven, Karmesin red with white Sigrune and on a brown square patch..

Attached is a picture of one in wear.

Attachments

Thanks Lauri and thanks to you Garry for the explanation.

Back