Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Here are Wims thoughts when asked if the Sigrunes color matched to the first pattern straps.

"What exactly happened before the HJ was assigned to the SA, was a difficult fact. Here I am not sure, as not much documentation was found that gave a 100%solution! During the assignment to the SA the changing went along with the many and constant color changes for the SA.

About the early sigrunes practically nothing was said and we must consider them a combination of colors as for the SA (the Landesfarben, as they also were named as such within the HJ). Due to the many changes there I can believe they didn't know it themselves anymore and for that reason they accepted the new colors as from late 1933. The well-known six colors.

I think I did not give a satisfying answer. I wonder who can give here a positive and correct answer to that matter. I have not found any HJ collector who has material from the early thirties (not even speaking about material from the twenties) through the summer 1933 re-organization. Anyway not those I know about
    ."

Please login to view user info
    Quote Originally Posted by Gefolgschaft View Post
    Stu, those are the earlier versions in use before standardisation in 1934. Many of them seem to be odd colored because they match the state colors, sort of like the real early HJ straps. Edit, the red rune with white background is pictured on page 71 of Youth Led By Youth vol 3.
    some nice runes on page 71 i like the large cloth dj patch like the membership badge, what would that be used for?

also garry is that your rzm sealed example on page 71 of phils book?

Ewin, I think Garry had that large DJ member "patch" in his collection at one time. I think also that the sealed pattern rune in the book is the one Garry has or had.

Quote Originally Posted by Gefolgschaft View Post
    Ewin, I think Garry had that large DJ member "patch" in his collection at one time. I think also that the sealed pattern rune in the book is the one Garry has or had.
    cheers a thought i had seen it some whare that dj cloth patch is a first for me aswell very nice

Yes, I was lucky enough to have owned a few items from the old Phillip Baker collection for a while. Still have the RZM/MPA Obergebietsjungvolkführer rune but as Darin says, the DJ patch was sold a while back. My feeling was that it was removed from a pennant like the one you see in pic 1.

hmgfu..jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    Yes, I was lucky enough to have owned a few items from the old Phillip Baker collection for a while. Still have the RZM/MPA Obergebietsjungvolkführer rune but as Darin says, the DJ patch was sold a while back. My feeling was that it was removed from a pennant like the one you see in pic 1.

hmgfu..jpg
    gary cheers for the info, is mr baker no longer a collector i take it? that old lager flag of his that tobys got is nice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12