Relationship between Jungvolk sigrunes and the Oberbann

Thanks Received
I'm wondering what areas include these Oberbanne. I know what colour is each one... But I don't know how was organizated the Oberbanne.
This come because I want know what is the proper sigrune for a Nord Nordmark uniform.

Thank You friends

Thanks Darin :thumb:

Hi Albrecht,

I just checked and Gebiet 6 Nordmark had 3 Oberbanne:

This is the list as at 1.1.1934 showing the Nordmark Oberbanne and the Jungbanne contained within them. This will give you the correct rune for whichever Nordmark DJ straps you have.

Oberbann 1 (Südholstein) Red

Jungbann:

• 1/31
  • 2/31
  • 1/184
  • 1/185
  • 2/185
  • 3/185
  • 1/187
  • 2/187

Oberbann 2 (Schleswig-Westholstein) yellow

Jungbann:

• 1/84
  • 2/84
  • 1/85
  • 1/86
  • 2/86
  • 1/163

Oberbann 3 (Hamburg) green
Jungbann:
  • 1/76
  • 2/76
  • 1/188
  • 1/282
  • 1/283
The Oberbann system was abolished fully by April 1936 so after that point all DJ wore what had been the Oberbann 1 patch as I'm sure you know.

Thank you Garry that is an awesome info. Its not easy found info about sigrunes.
I want buy a 85 Jungbann shoulder boards and his properly triangle. I see I should buy the yellow sigrune too. This will be a expensive purchase to complet my uniform... But at least I will have a real good one.

What Oberbann insignia is for the Jungbann 171 Süd Baden?

My shirt have a Süd Bayer Ostmark triangle and red sigrune... and is getting impossible get a good Shoulder board for it, then I want complete the set whit the shoulder boards and good triangle & sigrune... But is not easy !!!

Last edited:
No probs Albrecht.

Jungbann 1/171 Mannheim was in Oberbann 3 (Nordbaden). It is shown in the period reference I'm using as having been in existence on the 1st of Jan 1934.

Back